Migration Discussion

I would recommend using a new install freshly from WordPress.com and then importing your database to see what happens.

Shoot over your login details and I can give it a go if you want just make sure the .sql database file exists on your file manager.

ok i will try installing new one and import old database

what is database host name? when i tried installing using mysql6.000webhost.com . It doesnot work

localhost is the hostname now.

My site does not loads using the old URL I used to have. what is the problem???

What site URL and what is your 000webhostapp url?

000webhostapp url: mybeautiful.000webhostapp.com
site URL: mybeautiful.net63.net

this is the screenshot

Working fine here.

Clear your browser cache.

Thanks it worked. But in case of other menus link it gives 404 error. one link:http://chamero.com.np/esewa/

Try “default” or “plain” via Permalinks option

156 posts were split to a new topic: Migration Discussion

Some more tutorials that may aid you migrating your account and may explain a bit better and less rushed than I have above?

Backing up your emails and importing them How to backup and import your emails & contacts to GoogleMail

Solving HTTPS error while using YourSite.com for WordPress Solving WordPress HTTPS/HTTP error on custom domains

##Setting up FileZilla to connect to FTP Setting up FileZilla FTP Client on Windows to use FTP on your website

##Creating an email forwarder for using with parked domains you own like yoursite.com How to create email forwarder

##Setting up reply from yoursite.com when using email forwarding How to set reply-to address for email forwarder

There more tutorials available to help you via: https://www.000webhost.com/forum/c/tutorials

Thank you it worked.

Hi, I backed up my site using FileZilla. Anyways I belive I have everything setup but the site won’t come up. It asks for a index.php or index.html. On the old panel I had a .htaccess file.

@Jayg84 What is your website name??

i cleared browser cache. but still not working when i type ‘www.mybeautiful.net63.net’. but it works when i type ‘mybeautiful.net63.net’. Also php not working. style sheet not working properly

hi, i have 2 questions:

• i cant connect on new ftp with FIREPTP on firefox! its ok with filezilla and other files manager (before migration FIREFTP work fine) some people have the same trouble? here is the log:

220 ProFTPD Server (000webhost.com) [2a02:4780:dead:beef::4]
USER fireproof-relocatio
331 User fireproof-relocatio OK. Password required
PASS (mot de passe non affiché)
230-Your bandwidth usage is restricted
230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
FEAT
211-Features:
AUTH TLS
CCC
CLNT
EPRT
EPSV
HOST
MDTM
MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
MFMT
MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.groupname*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;UNIX.ownername*;
PBSZ
PROT
REST STREAM
SIZE
SSCN
TVFS
211 End
PWD
257 “/” is your current location
TYPE A
200 TYPE is now ASCII
CWD /public_html
250 OK. Current directory is /public_html
PASV

with the second i can reach my galleries on my website http://seilleric.netai.net
my question: how i can put SEILLERIC in new url to replace FIREPROOF-RELOCATION ???

sorry for my english

If you had a .htaccess file you would have backed it up?

www. will not work with free-subdomains from 000webhost nor will www.yoursite.000webhostapp.com