Migration Discussions

@tommypepsi Try this,
go to settings – general – php version (check & try all php versions , if you don’t know the exact one)

hello, so my problem is I have no access to the Domain Registrar settings (since my domain was provided to me from a third party) so I cannot point the domain again or reset it.
My website was working until today.
I’ve followed every step and created the new account, but when I try to access my website domain, I get redirected to the new members migration page.
I was on server20.000webhost.com, would it be possible to assign my account to that server? Or is there another way without having to re-point the domain? thanks in advance

@X99 what is your domain name??

I had the 5.2 version in the old panel, but I tried all of them anyway. It still doesn’t work.

I uploaded my files via FTP but just noticed that if I go to the online file manager I get this error:
200 - Bridge response error, playse check the API docs or this ajax reponse

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Migration Discussions

PLEASE READ THESE FEW LINES FIRST

Since the 1st of May you can NO LONGER USE UNZIPPER.PHP OR BACKUP.PHP to BACK UP YOUR SITE.
Please IGNORE these instructions you can only MANUALLY DOWNLOAD YOUR FILES (PUBLIC_HTML) using an FTP CLIENT like FileZilla.

Secondly, FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL

1. Login, backup files/database, use MOVE ACCOUNT DETAILS PAGE, delete old site, delete old profile - you will be logged out of the old panel - now log back in using the same email & password - your new panel will appear.
    Literally easy as that - you DO NOT NEED to make a new account, you DO NOT need to login to both panels at the same time nor can you.

Once you’ve got into the new panel using the same email and password you used before you need to hit “Set Web Address” and “Free subdomain” and use the same free subdomain you had before which is locked to your old email!
The same if you used a premium domain etc, add it and manage, link to your account.

Upload your files/import your database etc and your site will be back to normal.

If you experience any issues please post below or if you feel you have been missed out create a thread in the “Community Support” section - if you create it in 000webhost Services or any other section it may also be missed!

Feel free to suggest any changes or issues

Please report any tutorial issues via PM or posting below

So STEP ONE to migrating your OLD PANEL ACCOUNT into a NEW ONE.

Login here: https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login?to=old

We shall start with backing up any databases you have - you ONLY NEED to BACKUP databases providing you have any listed and use them.
YOU DO NOT need to make any databases if you do not currently use them.

If any appear here then click “Enter phpMyAdmin”

Now click your database name that will appear in my case “a6494435_test”

Now click “Export”

Make sure to click .SQL

Now click “Go”

It will download the database to your computer

Now do this process again for any more databases you have back on the control panel showing.

If you’ve never created a database you can ignore this step obviously.

Now we shall backup our website files like what appears when you visit yourwebsite.com

Still logged into the control panel open a file manager that works

You can use this if you want - PLEASE BE AWARE YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR FILES BACKUP CORRECTLY - once the script runs, download the .zip file to your computer, extract it, examine it and MAKE SURE ALL THE FILES ARE THERE.

This is your responsibilty to ensure you BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES to prevent data loss when you delete your OLD PANEL account to make the new one.

Upload this backup.php file to public_html from infinityloop.000webhostapp.com/unzipthenuploadme.zip

Now launch yoursite.com/backup.php

This page should load use the bottom option and hit “Backup 000website”

This will backup your whole public_html folder into a .zip file
If you want to old backup one folder from public_html type this into the box otherwise leave empty to backup the entire site/public_html folder

You should backup the site and get this message

Now back in the file manager download this .zip file to your computer

Make sure this ZIP file contains all of your site files - make sure this .zip file ends with “.zip” and not “.zip.ydushdy9” etc as that will be corrupt, so do not use this.

Instead launch FTP and take a full backup of your site by downloading the entire “PUBLIC_HTML” folder onto your computer, this may take up to half an hour depending how big your site is.

Please ensure you have multiple backups of your files and all the files download correctly :frowning:

Make sure the .zip file if you used that method worked correctly, extract the files and examine them! Ensure your site is correctly downloaded via backup.php or FTP and downloading all the files correctly.

So we now have our database and website downloaded onto our computer.

If you’d like to backup your emails look at this tutorial firstly: How to backup and import your emails & contacts to GoogleMail

So with our site files and databases it is time to migrate to the new control panel.

ENSURE ALL BACKED UP FILES ARE FULLY DOWNLOADED / NOT CORRUPTED AND OPEN AND EXTRACT FINE ON YOUR COMPUTER

THE NEXT STEP DELETES YOUR FILES SO YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR FILES ARE CORRECTLY BACKED UP AND YOU CAN VIEW / USE THEM BEFORE THE NEXT STEP.

5 Likes

@tommypepsi Try to upload one by one.

hey sorry, my domain name is baldo.cg

@tommypepsi try this,
Backup all your data including database.
Go to Settings – general – delete
Then again create a new website and upload all your data including database.

see if this works.

@X99 [quote=“X99, post:301, topic:56245”]
baldo.cg
[/quote]

Your website works fine.

Clear your browser cache and data and then try again
also try in other browsers.
if you are using chrome…try incognito mode

just tried from 4 different browsers, including Chrome in incognito and a mobile phone and I keep getting redirected to that same page?

@X99 Use google dns…may be a dns issue

I found the problem, I did what you said and created a new website, but had the same problem. The problem was that I didn’t change the line connecting to the database in my code(I thought it would just give me an error so I didn’t bother to do it right now) so it was still trying to connect to my old database.

thanks for the help!

Ah bugger. Any recommendations for free mail hosting when you own your own domain name?

@tommypepsi You can find database related details at “Manage Database”.
If you have not created any database, then create one to get details of the database.

@Sov400 You can try gapps(gsuite), as they provide 30days free trial.
Or zoho mail services.

Or else use Email forwarder…it’s good to.

that worked thanks, but does this mean that the website will not be accessible by whoever doesn’t have Google DNS? If so, how can this be fixed? thanks for your help

@X99 [quote=“X99, post:310, topic:56245”]
but does this mean that the website will not be accessible by whoever doesn’t have Google DNS?
[/quote]

No everyone can access, even those who not using google dns…they can access to.

Google dns help resolves dns type issues in the browser.

I have some trouble with my FTP client (Konqueror under Linux) not showing any directory listings.
It connects OK, asks for username and password, no error messages, but the directory listing is blank. I can create directories from popup menu, but they still don’t show up (they are visible on 000webhost’s file manager, though, so they are being created; it’s just that they don’t show up in Konqueror’s directory listing from some weird reason :stuck_out_tongue: ).
I tried to connect with command-line client (ftp) and it seems to work fine, the ls command works and shows the directory listing all well. So it seems to be some communication problem between the FTP server and Konqueror, the server doing something non-standard perhaps?
It worked all well with the old website before migration.

Edit: I also tried Dolphin (another file manager in KDE) and there’s the same problem: it logs in OK, but then it hangs on loading directory listing until it times out and no directories show up :stuck_out_tongue:

@sasq host is “files.000webhost.com” for FTP clients. I’m sure you know this.

can you restart your PC and then try again.