Migration issues

OK so I signed up on the page given, and it brings me right back to my old Cpanel and my site still doesn’t work

So what magic hoops do I need to jump through and is the old link still going to work or am I supposed to use a new one?
Not really sure why this was needed but OK

Try reading the second post in this topic, because it will show you how to delete your old account AFTER migrating your content.

IF YOU HAVEN’T BACKED UP AND MIGRATED YOUR CONTENT/DATABASES YOU NEED TO DO SO FIRST

https://www.000webhost.com/forum/t/migration-tutorial-backing-up-deleting-old-panel-migrating-to-new-panel/56245/2

there was no new account nothing happened accept it logged in to the old cpanel

that links sends me to login and brings me back to my old cpanel

And I have all my files locally, so backups aren’t needed

@BobBarker Have your read the tutorial??
During the migration you need to delete the old panel in order to access new panel.

I’m not going to delete my old account until I can get my site running again. and delete account is the only option in the cpanel when clicking my name
And so far all I can manage to do is log into my old cpanel, I have NOT seen a new one

@BobBarker Sry old panel is being shutting down.
Until you delete you old panel, you can’t login to new panel.

After you login to new panel then confirm the same mail(one on old panel).
Then you can add your free subdomain or park custom domain and can go live.

@BobBarker

1. backup old site and databases if you use them
  2. use the MOVE ACCOUNT DETAILS URL from the tutorial
  3. delete old site account and old panel profile
  4. Login back into 000webhost.com with the same account details, the new panel will open now.
  5. Choose a FTP username/password
  6. Link your old subdomain/domain
    7)Upload your backed up files and or databases
    8)Your site will work like before.

my site will not work like before because my domain seems to not be able to be migrated so I’m basically starting from scratch now and have about a million links all over the web I need to change to the new site

databases have a new user ID so I will need to recode a few scripts to even get it to work

You just need to edit the configuration file with the new username, password, database name and hostname which is now localhost.

It should work like before, from backup to upload the process takes 10 minutes when done correctly.

it would not accept the old domain .comli.com because the field wouldn’t accept the “.” as a viable character
So unless a mod or staff or whatever can force that site back in it is now gone and cannot be used

kekasworld2.comli.com was the old domain

Oh… trying to park that domain gives me “already in use” error even though I removed it from the old cpanel

Don’t try park,
Go to “Set Web Address” – “Add Domain” – “Free Sub Domain” – Type “kekasworld2” and select “comli.com” from the drop down.

Did that, seems to have accepted it, trying to access it still sends me to the migrate page.
Maybe time will fix that, who knows

Yes give it some time. Then try after some time.

OK site seems to be working now, just got a bunch of coding to fix now so thanks for the help

1 Like

I’m glad it worked.
Any issues post back.