Why panel was updated?
000webhost members area was renewed and clients are encouraged to move to new panel. It was not renewed for almost a decade so it was a natural step forward.
Why should I move to new panel
- Much faster DNS servers, means faster website page load time
- Thousands of IP addresses for your website means better Ddos protection
- New websites are setup instantly, no need to wait for DNS propagation
- One click Wordpress installer
- Free subdomain *.000webhostapp.com with SSL already enabled
- New panel uses cloud infrastructure
- More stable in every way
- Beautiful mobile friendly interface
- Latest PHP versions, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 7.1 (much requested feature)
- All same great features
- New faster file manager
- New and fast phpMyAdmin version for databases management
- Status page for infrastructure status.000webhost.com
- Fair usage statistics to better understand your website performance
- All databases are with InnoDB engine (much requested feature)
- Dual stack with ipv6
Why do I need to move to new panel?
Old panel served for the community for about a decade and it is time to move on with the rest of the world. New panel includes a lot of new features and completely new backend platform based on new cloud technologies. Old panel will be gradually turned off during the first quarter of 2017.
Major changes between two system
We had to turn off mailboxes for free subdomains. This service was causing recursion for mail servers and degraded service performance. Instead you can create email forwarders for domains you have parked to 000webhost name servers. Read more in "How to create email forwarder" tutorial
Subdomains on custom domains
If you want to add subdomain on
parked domain, you have to
- create new website
- go to Set Web Address page
- click on Manage,
- click on Link Website sub-item,
- check I want to use a subdomain
- enter subdomain
- select your website.
In older panel your subdomain's content was in main account's
subdomain-name sub-folder. Now it's seperate into different websites.
What are the instruction to move to new panel?
- Login to your old panel
- Go to migration page and proceed move account details.
- You will be able to login to old panel and new panel at the same time (Email address must be the same)
- Backup files to your computer via FTP
- Backup database to your computer via PHPMYADMIN
Create new website in new panel
- Upload files and databases to new website.
-- Use file manager in Upload files section, How to upload files to 000webhost?
-- How to create a MySQL database on 000webhost.
-- How to Import MySQL Database on 000webhost
- Use old domain for your new website (Set Web Address section)
- Additionally, recheck if your website had cronjobs, redirects, password protected folders, IP deny rules, hotlink protections and setup it on new panel if needed.
- Setup mail forwarders if you use custom domain. This tutorial should help you out
- Setup subdomains. Check previous section
Major changes between two system
- If everything is working correctly, terminate your old account and enjoy the new panel!
My website was not migrated. Why?
There are multiple cases when websites are not migrated. Most of the time it is because they are not active. This gives new clients ability to reuse nice subdomain names. Accounts canceled for inactivity will not be migrated. Only clients with confirmed email will be moved to new panel. Domains which are not pointing to 000webhost nameservers will not be migrated.
Website is not working after migration
Simple website usually do not require any action to be taken after migration. But this checklist should help you keep your website running smoothly after moving your website.
- Check 000webhost status page for broad incident reports
- Check database connection details. Database name and password is correct. Database hostname is always
- Check homedir path. have changed and it should be fixed
- PHP shortags are disabled in new version of website. To fix this read this tutorial
Enable PHP error reporting if you get Error 500
- Try to downgrade PHP version to 5.2 in your website's Settings > General page. Available tutorial