Mutchadez help request

Hi I just uploaded my files at mutchadez.000webhostapp.com and I’m getting the same error, please help me fix this for my final tomorrow…:open_mouth:

Application error: An error occurred in the website and your page could not be displayed. If you are the website owner, check your logs for details.

Place this code after the first line which should say PHP so make space and make it lines 2 3 4

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

where shall i place this code? everywhere?

I’ve changed your PHP version to 5.6 and also put the correct database name and user into connection.php

yeah i think i just messed all that up

i’m undoing all that now, but i would like to know specifically where im suppose to stick that code? Please redo to connection.php fix

Should be fixed again :slight_smile:

oh thanks so much, could you tell me what was the problem? and how i can possible make the membership.php page be the first page you land on?

just turned down the PHP version and put the correct database name and username into the connection file you’re missing the ID part with the numbers beforehand

I’ve added 1. DirectoryIndex membership.php into .htaccess file and that page should load now first.

thanks I realize i can’t get my instagram and facebook links to work, because the webhost address is in front of the address? did i do something wrong?

Think you must have fixed it
Just remember file names are case sensitive so Membership has a capital and I’ve had to capitalise it in the htaccess file too

cool! thanks for the help, now i have to figure out how to make it ADA compliant and validate it. Speaking of Membership, does Membership.php and membership.php still share the same info? I looked in one of them and theres nothing in one of them.

I renamed Membership earlier to lowercase and then noticed you reuploaded Membership so I got rid of the lowercase version to save confusion.

1 Like

how do i make it so you don’t see .php at the end, is it something to do with .htaccess?

Hmm yeah there are ways to have just /membership but think it would be rule rewrites you need

@ckhawand might have an idea

tht’s okay i’ll leave it it is too much trouble

Removing the file extension

One thing you might want to do is hide the extension. Instead of visiting about/history.php , you could visit about/history with no .php on the end. To do this add the following rules to your .htaccess file. These rules will take any incoming URL with no extension and add .php when sending the request to the server. Your visitors won’t need the file extension but the server will see the file as if it did have an extension.

That page has code examples too :smiley:

cool thanks, i’m looking at the w3 validation and i have alot of problems :frowning: hopefully i can figure out how to fix this, thanks so much guys

hi guys thanks for the help earlier, but i found out that my phpmyadmin isn’t connecting, and my page isn’t working again, when i click on login, i get an error 500 msg