MX Record to long

Hello, I am trying to set up the MX record for my site after migrating, however it is telling me the address I am inputting is too long, it’s an outlook address (3e59e5d90e744b8b4866ec7e7XXXXX.pamx1.hotmail.com)

Is there anyway of making this field bigger so I can put this in

Thanks!

I will forward this to the administrators.

Please be patient. :slight_smile:

Are you using a custom domain for Outlook? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes I am, signed up quite a few years ago but I think they have discontinued being able to sign up for it now (for free anyway)

Do you have to use the custom domain or could you use a personal email address? Also, you could try https://mail.zoho.com. They allow 25 free email addresses on a custom domain

Using the same email is a must - it is used regularly with people/services. I would much prefer with Outlook if possible as I have found it the best out of the few services I had tried, it would also be a pain to have to go through all my devices and update different email server settings. Will keep mail.zoho in mind though if it turns out the limit can’t be increased!

1 Like

I would suggest you wait until we get a response back from the admin about increasing the limit. Would there be another MX record that could be used?

@Giedrius @andrius @hexa was this resolved? :slight_smile:

I don’t think so. I never got a response back from @andrius about it

it is in our list. working in it

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it

1 Like

Hi @andrius has there been any progress on this? Been just over a month now,
thank you,
Jamie

Mentioning @hexa too as was also helping with this (won’t let me mention two people in a post!)

This goes to show I should have checked before posting, it’s fixed!! Thanks so much for your help with this to both of you

4 Likes