My site will not update its files (very frustrating)

My site https://classroomlibrary.000webhostapp.com/ will not update its files. I go into FileZilla, and upload the new style.css and it still won’t update. You can tell if you go to the website that it doesn’t look right because the files will simply not update. And don’t tell me it’s an issue with FileZilla because I tried SmartFTP also, and it still didn’t work.

edit: It seems as though my HTML file will update, but every other file I try, won’t… HELP PLEASE

edit2: So I did some testing. I went on and tried the 000webhost File Manager. Tried to upload the new files to update them, still same issue, files aren’t updating. So I decided to rename my updated style.css to styleNew.css and upload it. It uploads fine and whenever I right click on it to view it, it shows the updated changes and everything. So I then delete style.css and rename styleNew.css to style.css… and then the file reverts back and the changes I made are gone! Like what the heck? What is there some sort of caching going on?? PLEASE HELP!

You need to refresh like mad for updates to appear due to your computer cache.
Clear your cache/browserdata/history etc

having a similar problem with coders2016.netau.net

It’s default (index) file displays “Website is Under Review” page instead of the actual content of the file.

@markinslc your site is under review…It may take some while.(how much time i dont know)

Until then…feel free to have another 000webhost account…and host your website.

Well, unbeknownst to me, there is a thing called CSS caching and Javascript caching, where the browser I guess caches a version of your CSS or Javascript code even though you didn’t enable such a thing. So what I did to bypass that was to simply add a version number to the end of the links to both my CSS and Javascript files, in my HTML file, they now look like this:

src=“javascript.js?version=116”

href=“style.css?version=20”

good idea think anything after the ? is ignored anyway

@unc00ked so i guess… you figured it out and the issue is solved.