My website is running but not loading

www.worldwiseinvestments.com

When I login to 00webhost, it tells me my website is running.

However, when I try to go my website in a browser, I see the “Waiting for www.worldwiseinvestments.com” message but nothing loads - no error message either.

FYI: I have not updated/changed anything on my website in almost a year.

How can I trouble shoot what is happening? I see the repair option when I login but am unclear about what is does and am afraid it may do more damage. Thank you.

1 Like

The Repair button is meant to fix 000webhost related issues, let’s try it!
Hit the button :slight_smile:

Hmmm. Tried the repair button for the first time in my life and it came back with msg: Too many attempts. You cann only repair once per hour!!

Um, let me report that issue to the devs.

here also same issue. i see my website status as running but i don’t have access to my website,it keeps on loading forever no error nothing… just suddenly loading after sometime it happens again!
No reason i don’t know…but the problem is with the server response.
www.blog360.gq

Just a clarification, the Running text in the cPanel indicates that the website is not Sleeping nor Suspended.
Not the actual status of your website :slight_smile:

http://www.blog360.gq/ https://myblog360.000webhostapp.com/ my website is not available please check!
the wordpress is good! problem with server or domain
the site is not loading and not even showing any error

Hello again ckhawand,

So, I was able to run Repair by logging out and logging back in. It indicated “Website has been fixed/repaired”. Unfortunately, it has not solved the problem. My web site still does not load in a browser (I’ve tried 3 different browsers). www.worldwiseinvestments.com

Hi @jaiparekh!

The website simply times out. I think this issue occurs because Wordpress attempts to use more resources than 000webhost offers. What plugins did you installed on it?

Hi Teodor,

The website has been running for over a year without any problems. During this time, no changes were made to the site. So unless 00webhost has recently reduced resources available, it should not time out all of a sudden due to lack of resources.

FYI, there are a 13 plugins installed: Advanced Random posts widget, Clef, flexi pages widget, responsive menu, limit login attempts, lightbox plus colorbox, layerslider wp, Imagemapper, posts in sidebar, responsive menu, shortcode manager, updraftplus bu and storage, wp customs search

EDIT: Was browsing through the plugins in WordPress and noticed that a few of them had the following message: There is a new version available. However, one - layerslider wp indicates this: “You need to authorize this site in order to get upgrades for this plugin. Purchase a license.” Am wondering if this plugin is causing the website to not load?

EDIT: Was browsing through the plugins in WordPress and noticed that a few of them had the following message: There is a new version available. However, one - layerslider wp indicates this: “You need to authorize this site in order to get upgrades for this plugin. Purchase a license.” Am wondering if this plugin is causing the website to not load?

It might be. I mean, your Wordpress cPanel loads fine, which means the problem is not from 000webhost’s side. And operators did not announce any changes related to 000webhost resources limitations.

Can you please temporary disable that plugin and see if the problem gets fixed?

I deactivated the layerslider plugin but am still not able to load my website. I also tried Repair a few more times, most recently after deactivating the layerslider plugin.

I can try and contact the individual who developed the website for me and see if he can detect any problem on the WP end. But, since there has been absolutely no change on the WP end for over a year, I doubt if there is much he will report.

Please do so and reply the results.

In any case, the problem is clear: Wordpress app takes more resources than 000webhost offers.

Hello again. My website developer looked at the WP set up and got my site loading again! Apparently, all that was needed was to install WP updates. My developer claims that what likely happened was that your (server) WP was upgraded and my older version became incompatible. Thank you for your assistance. Really appreciated.

1 Like