Need help urgent

Hi ive created a website using free template because im a novice. There is a problem with my drop down menu and my gif which causes my website looks very different from my original file. can you guys help me? my website is wwweecornwalluni.000webhostapp.com

Hi @aimanasrafroslan!

Your website looks fine from here :slight_smile: (exception because of one missing image from slideshow)

Please explain your problem a bit more: what drop down menu?
                                                                what gifs?

i have actually added a drop down menu for the “about us” section and it looks fine in dreamweaver…but it didnt show up when i have uploaded it and it messes up how the top bar look. The slideshow also showing missing 2 images even though it works fine before i uploaded it.

i meant slideshow. sorry

The dropdown works when you hover your mouse over it.

As for the slideshow, make sure the images are linked/uploaded correctly.

it looks like this on my end

wrong image

Maybe dreamweaver messes up something.

Go to File Manager and upload all your website images to /public_html/images/

why is it showing up ok for you and not for me tho? and i have already uploaded the images at the correct folder since. 1 showed up fine but i dont know why the other 2 didnt show up

Two images are not loading for me: slide1.jpg and slide2.jpg

Also, the contact page is an entire mess: http://wwweecornwalluni.000webhostapp.com/contact.php. To fix it you may need to change the contact document’s extension to .php :wink:

the contact tab is not done yet. Im just trying to see if there is gonna be a problem if i uploaded to 000webhost. any idea how to fix the image issue and also the drop down menu?

because the drop down menu doesnt look like the image that you uploaded on my end

I have fixed the images. They should’ve been named

slide1.jpg
slide2.jpg

not

slide1.JPG
slide2.JPG

As for the dropdown… The problem occurs when you are accessing your website over HTTPS. Let me investigate a little.

oh god thanks! im really counting on you for the drop down menu.

To fix the dropdown I need to dig into your HTML files, however if I do this it won’t last forever as you will update your website again and again.

Please browse your website only over HTTP: http://wwweecornwalluni.000webhostapp.com and all issues should vanish.

Also, from Dreamweaver, rename your files

slide1.JPG
slide2.JPG

to

slide1.jpg
slide2.jpg 

The way extensions are written is very important, as on linux systems they are case sensitive.

omg it worked thank you thank you thank you! i still need to update my about us tab and also the file in the drop down menu. will it effect it if i change the files?

No, it shouldn’t.

Just rename those files and everything will be fine :wink:

thank you. you are a life saver!

1 Like

If you want secured layer (HTTPS) to prevent MITM attacks, post another topic with a link to this one after you’ve built your website completely.

1 Like