New qualified domain name is not being found when I try to access it in any browser or from the 000webhost.com website management panel

In my account I have 2 domains - one works perfectly and the other does not. They are both set up identically except their names are obviously different. The problem I see when I try to access the domain that is not working is:

This site can’t be reached
server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for domain-name
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I can access/load the domain from 000webhostapp.com but when I try to use the custom qualified linked domains it doesn’t work and this is right inside the 000webhost dashboard details page for the domain.

000webhost panel details:
Set web address
domain-name.000webhostapp.com (click on this works)
www.domain-name.com (click on this does not work)
domain-name.com (click on this does not work)

The Google dig tool reveals the following:

For NS record:

id 54716
opcode QUERY
rcode NOERROR
flags QR RD RA
;QUESTION
domain-name.com. IN NS
;ANSWER
domain-name.com. 298 IN NS ns01.000webhost.com.
domain-name.com. 298 IN NS ns02.000webhost.com.
;AUTHORITY
;ADDITIONAL

For the A record:
id 34763
opcode QUERY
rcode NOERROR
flags QR RD RA
;QUESTION
domain-name.com. IN A
;ANSWER
domain-name.com. 22 IN A 145.14.145.225
;AUTHORITY
;ADDITIONAL

Doing a visual trace route of the IP address assigned to the domain using the tool at monitis.com sees the path get dropped after 28 hops.

I have gone through the whole process of deletion and recreation multiple times and it does not change the outcome.

PLEASE help. I have no idea why this is not working when it should be working fine.

www.bagosari.com (click on this does not work)
bagosari.com (click on this does not work)

Your domains are loading fine from here.

Please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS and try again. Or just wait, and try again later :wink:

I just created a brand new account on my PC, did a fresh install of Chrome and the custom domain still does not work from within the management panel. Only the 000webhostapp.com domain will load.

I also tried loading the custom domain from my smartphone browser and my tablet browser and both failed. I’m truly at a loss why this is not working.

Have you tried rebooting the router? (if you have any…)

I rebooted everything initially but it did nothing to change the outcome.
I’ll try it again today. I have to go offline for a while.
I’ll provide a status update later after I reset all my devices.

You only need to reboot them. If it’s still doesn’t work, it’s a DNS propagation issue.

Note that DNS propagation time can take up to 24 hours. Please be patient. Your website is working :wink:

ok. I reset and rebooted all my devices but I still have the same issue.
I’ll wait a day or so and then check it again. Thanks.

Update: After waiting for a day, the access is fine now.

So, it was apparently a DNS propagation delay issue.

Thank-you for your timely support. Much appreciated.

1 Like