PHP SQL Header redirect doesn't work

Hello,
I’ve created and uploaded my website and database into the server.
If I tried to login in my website, it does accept the credentials if they’re right or wrong but it doesn’t redirect to my homepage.
I tried every redirect that I have e.g Forgot Password or Register.

Summary of problem: header redirection doesn’t work.

Hi @Anon102

What is your website URL?

Add following code to your .htaccess file and check whether there is a PHP error.

php_value display_errors 1

1 Like

Hi Supun,
Thank you for the tip & apologize for the late reply as I was out of office for the past 3 hours.
If possible kindly help me on it as I got the header error after I added the codes to .htaccess
Error Caught: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /storage/ssd4/074/3649074/public_html/Project/Project/PHP/Login.php:1) in /storage/ssd4/074/3649074/public_html/Project/Project/PHP/Login.php on line 41

My website URL: https://syafiejp.000webhostapp.com/Project/Project/index.html

1 Like

Hi @Anon102

Add following code to your .htaccess

php_value output_buffering 1

Explained.

Header information such as Content-type, Content-length, Location are sent when you first echo out the output. You can’t send a header after that. Simple trick is above shown. Apache server keeps the output queued until all the process is finished and sends all with headers at the last moment

If you think this will slow down your process, you can consider following. (Can’t do this after echoing some output. If so, you have upper given solution.)

• Add header() functions at the top of the script (after session start)
  • Remove blank lines before <?php in the top