Phpbb3 installation problems

I downloaded the phpbb3 and was following the instructions.

I used filezilla to upload it into the root directory. I got to the installation portion after typing the URL in the barcode and i was installing and this came up as unwritten…and wouldn’t begin the installation…

Database settings
Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Access denied for user ‘a4263109_phpbba’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Also are there any tutorials on how to create your homepage? What i’m going to be doing is having a homepage and then a sub-site or forum link on the homepage…

Any help is appreciated greatly!

PS i’m probably going to end up buying a domain from webhost!

http://www.outlaw-forum.info/forum/blogs/bad-karma-core/40-how-install-phpbb-run-your-own-forum.html
If you follow that link you should get phpbb up and running without any problems at all

You know for a good site combo like mine…

www.biologypowerpoints.com

you need wordpress, phpbb3, and onepress.

I can help with setup if you like.

I followed your tutorial, and everything in the permissions is correct.

I’m making a small error somewhere that isn’t in the tutorial…can someone help please.

Did you make the database yet?

I’m having trouble making it.

Here is where i’m at so far. So i’ve tried to connect the database on notepad++ and uploaded it and tried to open it with www.myurl.com/filename.php

Right now i have these problems…
Database settings

That still comes up ^ meaning i didn’t create connect the database properly…

Obviously you plugged in the information wrong… and have messed up your files. You’ll need to reupload them, just use the restore website function and give it the .zip file.

Then you will need to fill-in all of the information correctly: following these directions: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/3.0/quickstart/quick_installation.php#quick_installation_database

inputting the data from your databases page (in the control panel) If you didn’t make a database then that’s your problem. Make one first in the databases page and then use it’s information…

Do that and then post back.

If you need more help you can pm me for my msn where I can provide 1 on 1 help.

Database settings

There is an obvious error on the message ‘a4263109_phpbba’@'localhost’
After you have created your mysql database and mysql username and assigned the appropriate user permissions to the mysql database, you should have noticed the given mysql database server is not ‘localhost’. The mysql server database server on 000webhost is usually in the form of
mysqlxx.000webhost.com

You can find out your mysql database server name by login into your 000webhost account, select your domain, and click on MySQL, scroll down the page and you will see a list of your current database and users. You look at the row beneath the heading:
» MySQL Database » MySQL User » MySQL Host
look at the value for MySQL host, this value is your mysql database server

Thank you Bigal. I tried to reset my website and redo the process and followed what you said.

This is what happened.

Database type : MySQL
Database Server hostname or DSN: mysql6.000webhost.com
Database name: a4263109_<your database name here>
Database username: a4263109_jatt
Database password: <your database password here>