Problem importing wordpress.com content

I am trying to bring my blog from wordpress dot com over to 000webhost hosting. I have installed the wordpress software and the jetpack plugin. I have successfully exported the wordpress . com blog content to an xml file. But now I am having problems importing that content to my new blog.

The first time I tried to import the xml file, it ground to a halt. I tried again, and I got a long output a bit like this:

Failed to import post tag 
Failed to import post tag 18 June
Failed to import post tag 18 June 2016
Failed to import post tag 19 June
Failed to import post tag 19 June 2016
Failed to import post tag 1984
Failed to import post tag 2000AD
Failed to import post tag 2010
Failed to import post tag 2016

And now I find that some of my old content has been imported but most of it has not been imported.

I read that an interrupted import can cause problems. So perhaps I need to start over. If I’m going to do that, I really should do that now, before I start to add new content. But I don’t know how to do it. Should I just reinstall the wordpress software? Or do I need to delete the old installation first? And how do I do that?

Cheers.

Try zipping your files from your old provider and uploading them here.
Then export the sql DB from old, and upload it here
Then modify wp-config.php

The blog I want to import the content from is on wordpress dot com - their free blog hosting service, not on a web host like 000webhost. The content I want to import here was prodced automatically for me in .xml file format. And I can’t find out how to export the sql database from wordpress . com, they don’t use cPanel or phpadmin or anything like that. It is a dedicated blog-hosting platform, not a proper hosting service like this. That site has less options, and you can’t control it properly. That’s why I’ve come here, so I can properly control my blog.

Try using a plugin like All-in-one WP migration

All-in-one migration is for wpress files, and I don’t want to pay for someone to do this for me.
Can you please tell me, if I want to install a new instance of wordpress on my site, what procedure do I need to follow? Do I just do a reinstall? Do I have to delete the current installation first? If so, how do I do that?

Go to your cPanel, then the Build tab, then WordPress installation button