Problem with Admin Tools and password protection

Hello guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I’m a free member and I have a small site running Joomla 3.7.2. For security reasons, I installed Admin Tools Pro and I’m noticing some issues lately.

1. For some reason, once in a while, Admin Tools says that I need to run its Quick Setup Wizard feature (which I shouldn’t, because you must do it only the first time you run the extension). It’s like the setup I once introduced has been deleted, I don’t know. It happened 2 times already.
  2. Yesterday, Admin Tools showed me a warning that says: “We have detected that one or more tables with the ******admintools prefix are broken. Admin Tools will not work properly. Please ask your host to repair these tables and then click here to let Admin Tools update its database tables.”

I think that something weird is going on because I never had any of these problems running this same extension in other servers. Maybe some server maintenance is causing me these problems? I could fix both problems by my own but it’s getting annoying and I would like to know what’s causing these issues.

In the third place, I used the password protection on Joomla’s administrator folder. At the beginning it worked ok but one day the server didn’t ask for the user and password. I logged into 000webhost’s control panel, deleted them and created them again. It was fixed. Then, a few weeks later, I had the same problem. It’s been 4 times already, and I’m not sure what’s causing this behaviour (that’s why I’m thinking that maybe some periodic change or maintenance on the server is causing me problems). Just in case you’re wondering, Admin Tools also includes an option to protect directories with a password but it’s disabled in my site so there shouldn’t be any conflict and the only one which is really working is the one provided by 000webhost. Besides, I also use this configuration in other sites and it always works great.

I would appreciate a lot for any kind of help or suggestion. Thanks in advance to everyone for reading!

1. Maybe contact the developer of the script

2. Again try asking the developer for some more information unless you can spot any issues via the database manually.

3. Use the directory protection via 000webhost.com > Security