Randomly stopped connecting to FTP

Hello, last night I was using the FTP fine and when I went to use it today it doesn’t let me connect, it instead hangs while connecting then times out. I don’t think this is an issue on my side because I can’t use the built in file manager, that also times out. Thanks for any help. Edit: Enabling a VPN lets me edit it via the file manager but not FTP still

I can second this issue. the files.000webhost.com domain resolves to an ipv6 that times out in my ftp client, so tried using the direct ip 153.92.9.117. Username is accepted but password is not, even though the same password works on the file manager (which is still working for me, unlike the original post).

I have tried:

• Turning FTP off and then on in settings
  • Repairing my website via settings
  • Resetting my website password
  • Using plain FTP

Every day for the last three days at about 6 am MST file manager and FTP won’t connect. Have you happened to notice anything similar? I’m wondering if I’ve hit some limit.

Hello, I believe some of our servers have had a downtime. Please use the “Repair website” feature from site’s settings and check if the issue persists.

Do not use direct IP address to connect to FTP as that will not work. If FTP’s DNS query resolved an IPv6 address it means your ISP does support IPv6 mapping (which is great) and should work with 000webhost fine.

If problem still persists, 000webhost may have flagged your IP address as abusive, therefore only using an IP masker would help (a VPN or a proxy)

Is there a way around that without a VPN? Would sending a keep alive request every 5 seconds be the cause of that?

Try again in 7 days if your IP is the issue (or reboot home router to hopefully gain a new dynamic IP)

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.