Showing Blank Page

I recently signed up for an account and have been slowly but surely resurrecting a blog from a couple years ago. I performed the wordpress migration and have been updating content. Once I have the content updated I will be changing it to a domain I own and adding SSL through cloudflare.

However as I was updating content yesterday, through the Wordpress admin interface, the UI said that it couldn’t connect anymore. After waiting a day the site still shows a blank page - I have tried downgrading the php (although I didn’t change any plugins recently). I have also checked Down for Everyone or Just me (couldn’t add more than 1 link since I’m a forum newbie) which reports that it is down for everyone, even though my website list shows the site as running. URL is http://aaronlowe.000webhostapp.com/. I didn’t make any changes to the configuration, just updated some blog post content yesterday, so not sure what would have changed to cause this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

–Aaron

Hi @vendoran
Can you try deleting your .htaccess file content not between /*WordPress start and end

Hmm, I just renamed the existing one to old and that still didn’t work, however made me remember I had an old plugin on my old blog that put the blog into “Maintenance Mode” I went in and deleted that out of the plugin directory and that resolved it. Not sure how it got enabled yesterday while I was updating content, but at least I’m back up and running. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @vendoran!

We’re glad the issue has been fixed! :blush:

PS: We have restored the .htaccess to Wordpress default’s one in order to rule out any other future problem. If you receive errors please contact us.