[Solved] (SMF) Installing Packages, permission prob!

Getting this:

You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

Tried to manually upload - no use
Tried to upload throught SMF Admin panel and then click apply mod doesnt work
Tried to fix ownership from 000webhost cP and also the fix permissions button - no use

M trying to install Tiny Portal on SMF 1.1.9
Tried TP v0.9 and also the latest 1 (1.4 beta i think) not workin and i dont wanna do a manual :frowning: | Please help!

When it asked for the FTP info 4 the first time i used the HOST : My website address USERname and password and directory was something like/ **/*/public html/… but i got 550 error with that so i just used / and i got through, but i dont think thts the pprob.

Go To FTP Manager
Navigate To Packages Folder Where You Upload SMF
Then Change The Writable Value Of Your Packages Directory To 777
Thats All

done no use but will try again

There is either a installation file in the directory or you can look on google for step by step tops on how to install smf.

i dont wanna do a manual edit… ne1 wanna log into the admin panel n try? i can make a temporary account…

!! really annoying!

Nevermind, i did it some how… i got a .co.cc domain with parked domain, then after the nameservers were added i had to login the forum again, when i tried to install the package it asked me the FTP details and this time i put the path as “/public_html” without any /A1242/root// mumbo jumbo, so it worked! Thanks guys 4 tryin 2 help!

thanks for sharing your solution

[COLOR=“Red”]thread solved.[/COLOR]

would plz give me further explainations about the solution u found. thx