:-(((( System wont direct to correct address

What a disaster this all is…(downloading all web files…then loading them all back up !! and trying to solve the problems of why it then wont work !, I see many people are having problems…)

Anyway…

I have loaded back up the files…and told the system the web domain name that I am still using…and the DNS appears not to have changed …and nor has the domain name

BUT

000webhost now can NOT find it ! and fails to display the index html page…
yet with the same settings it used to work fine…

Why the problem now ??

And what do I need to do to get it to work ?
www.allbudapestapartments.com

(if I use the domain name allbudapestapartments/000webhost…blah blah and blah
then it does find the index page…
but no one in the world is willing to type in 300 characters to access a web page !!
,…I need it to go to my domain name…ending in .com…no more, no less.

(while it is nice for someone to provide free hosting may I suggest that someone changes the system and the help pages so that no one else has the same problem as me…
if the idea is to now include 000webhost blah blah in the displayed URL a user sees…and give to ways to avoid that…then I am not interested…it is too long and too ugly and too unusable…and I will have to go elsewhere)

the error code displayed is 406

ie. it displays a page encouraging me to open up an account…instead of displaying MY web page

https://err.000webhost.com/?code=406

Your site looks fine here via the address given?
Clear your cookies data and browser history etc.

1 Like

yeah…now it is fine…but no help to the system…

over an hour spent trying to get it to use the domain name I wanted it to use, same as it was before…

with NO LUCK

and then…by complete chance…as I hopped about it comes up with a different control page…a direction webpage where it offers to direct traffic to my domain name…so I clicked on that…(but I had already told it 1 hour before what my domain name was !!! and it completely ignored this instruction !!!)

Surely the system needs changing…surely 100% of people have the same problem as me ?
and that is pointless…and can be avoided…

If my humble opinion if a user sets that the domain name as “www.xyz.com” in 000webhost then the 000webhost system should direct the internet system to the index page at that domain (assuming that DNS is correctly set, ie.if domain name registered at Godaddy then the system at Godaddy needs to direct users to the correct server at 000webhost)…

and the current need for a website manager to open up (by chance or not) yet another page inside the 000webhost site manager…needs to be removed…imho

And that the ftp manager only allows about 16 html pages (tiny data size, html), say 50kb,
is a FARCE !!
I had to repeatedly upload blocks of pages…and keep track of what pages had been uploaded and which remained to be uploaded…

in 2017 !!! not 1990.
NUTS !!!

Ok… May I ask…

Is your issues resolved? :slight_smile:

Okay so allbudapestapartments.000webhostapp.com loads without a 406 error
So point your domain name correctly to 000webhost using nameservers and see if it works…

Post some screenshots with what you mean…

You set nameservers at the registrar

You visit 000webhost, set web address park domain and link it to an account, you then will see on the set web address page your domain listed twice once with www and once without, both will have linked to allbudapestapartments.000webhostapp.com