Trying To Install Wordpress

I’ve been trying to manually install Wordpress using a tutorial I found here and the instructionson their website. When I try to run the install.php I get this error message.

PHP Error Message

Warning: require_once(…/wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a3227973/public_html/blog/install.php on line 18

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘…/wp-load.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a3227973/public_html/blog/install.php on line 18

Free Web Hosting

Can anyone help me figure out the problem? Thank you.

did you upload all the wordpress files?
To make sure reupload them, overwriting the old files. In case you can´t get it to work at all i offer a free installation service. Just follow the link in my signature

I reuploaded it and still get the same message. I’m thinking the problem in in the wp_config file. I used the one that came with it to edit. I added the info but not sure I didit correctly or if I was suppose to delete any of the extra text. Can someone show me an example of what it should look like? Thank you again.

a few hints on what needs to be edited within the wp-config.php can be found here

Ii did have everything set up correctly. I ended up zipping all the files and uploading it as azip file. Thatworked. It’s now working. Thanks for all your help.

how to create wp-config.php

Below you should enter your database connection details. If you’re not sure about these, contact your host.
Database Name The name of the database you want to run WP in.
User Name Your MySQL username
Password …and MySQL password.
Database Host 99% chance you won’t need to change this value.
Table Prefix If you want to run multiple WordPress installations in a single database, change this.

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

I’ve made a guide on how to install wordpress specifically for 000webhost accounts (though it should also work on other hosting accounts.) You might wanna read through it. If you’re still having problems, just let us know. It’s also posted in the FAQ’s corner.