Unable to connect to file manager or use Filezilla to ftp

Whenever I try to use File Manager, it starts to redirect to the handler and then reports that the address could not be found.

I then tried to use FileZilla. Even with my firewall disabled, I get the following log message:

Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_AGAIN - Temporary failure in name resolution”.
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_AGAIN - Temporary failure in name resolution”.
Error: Could not connect to server

I’ve been having problems because I initially chose to sign up using my Google profile. Could that be part of the problem? None of the other topics that I’ve read seem to address the problem.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Update: It seems that shaudawn.000webhostapp.com doesn’t seem to exist either. I attempted to apply a generic page using one of the web builders.

Sounds like a local issue currently, try using a proxy or VPN or even alternative DNS

Thank you for the reply. These alternatives are also not working, though. I think the issue has something to do with signing up with my Google profile. I’ll have to try working with the Discord server, but I don’t think it’s an issue with uptime. The site on the subdomain just doesn’t seem to exist at all. Something got gummed up when I attempted to sign up using the Google profile, so I’m wondering if just unlinking that and using a standard login will resolve a few things. I’ll have to think about it.

Thanks again for the reply.

Honestly nothing related to Google login sadly :frowning:

Site is working fine

So is FTP currently.

Checking online I can see many cases report “EAI_AGAIN is a DNS lookup timed out error, means it is a network connectivity error or proxy related error.”

So I would advise using alternative DNS, a proxy or a VPN like Windscribe free to see if this cures it.
It is likely a temporary issue with your ISP/local network.

1 Like

Thank you! It was driving me crazy, but your last post helped me pinpoint my problem. Yes…on my end. :blush: :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:
Now I can get to learning. I will remember your help positively. :smiley:

1 Like