Unable to connect to server with filezilla

I am having problems trying to connect to servers with filezilla. I have tried multiple tomes keep getting |Response:|530 Login authentication failed|
|—|---|
|Error:|Critical error: Could not connect to server|
Please help, i want to get the paid version but if i have issues like this already i cant see paying for it.

I have made sure password and username are correct.

REMOVED!!! Thanks to sulliops!

REMOVED. sulliops restored faith!!

Chill out for a sec and remember that this is a free service, where support is not 24/7. There simply cannot be a staff member online at any given time.

With that said, I don’t see any server issues currently going on. It seems to me like you aren’t using the right password, because I was able to connect to your site via FTP just fine.

I reset it 3 times just to be sure and i still get that error.

Okay, well try going into your general settings and clicking the website repair button. If that doesn’t fix it, I’ll try a few fixes of my own. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to create a bug report for it which will take more than a few minutes to be resolved.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: USER gettvpro
Response: 331 User gettvpro OK. Password required
Command: PASS **********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Just Tried the repair button and it says i used it too many times but i never used?

Sorry, you don’t need to worry about that. I pressed it for you, so that’s why you’re seeing that message.

A 530 error commonly means that the password is incorrect. However, since you have reset the password a few times, and I assume you’re entering the same password that you reset, there could be a bug preventing the login.

The FTP server should work fine with IPv6 because i’ve done it myself in the past. However, it could very well be the problem, so I’ve gone ahead and created a report to send to the developers, so we’ll just have to let you know when the issue is fixed.

1 Like

Yes i made sure i even wrote it down, logged out and then back in to be sure the password worked to login with. The password is the same as your login password correct?

No, the password is what you used when you created the site. If you didn’t use the exact same one, it could be different. You have to change that password in the general website settings, shown below.

If you’ve been using a different reset option, that’s your problem. If you’ve been using this one, then we actually have a problem, which I reported as such.

HMMM thats where i reset it. And it also reset login password.

Okay, then there’s something going on, as I have reported, which will be seen and fixed by a developer when they get the chance (sometime tomorrow). In the mean time, use the File Manager, and remember that this is free hosting.

You fixed it sir. Thank You. Hard to teach us old men new technology. Thank you very much!

I have tried to use file manager and i can’t seem to figure out how to use it. Again old dog new tricks.

No problem, he said, not realizing what he did to fix it :sweat_smile:

The file manager is one of those things that is easier to learn to use when you’re younger, we get that a lot. But I’m glad I could help.

Anything else you need help with, just create a new topic.

1 Like