Update my website it deletes previous data

Greetings,

When I update my website it deletes previous data on this page. Here is the page: http://www.hothitsofthe80s.com/songs/song_update.php
Please help! Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe80s

Hi @hothitsofthe80s
What and how do you update website? Adding new pages with FTP or Updating with php?

1 Like

Greetings Supun,

Thank you for your quick response. I use the Cpanel to save my work. A friend and myself have a streaming radio website called hot hit’s of the 80’s. My friend set up that PHP web page. I don’t how he did that. I would have ask him.

Warmest regards,
hothitsofthe80s

Greetings Supun,

I am doing my work through the cPanel and saving my work through the cPanel and my friend is doing his work through PHP will that interfere with his work and that is why that page is being deleted? I have not heard back from my friend yet.

Warmest regards,
hothitsofthe80s

Hi @hothitsofthe80s!

What file you attempt to upload and which one gets deleted?

Greetings Teodor,

My friend and I have a streaming radio website. He was trying to add a “Recently Played Track” page using PHP. Every time I do work through cPanel it deletes the info on his page. When you go to that web page it says 404 Not Found. Please help! Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe80s

Every time I do work through cPanel it deletes the info on his page.

What cPanel? Is this cPanel made by you?

Greetings Teodor,

I am sorry not cPanel. I got confused. The Webbuilder that your website provides. Where use your website templates to build my friend and my website. Please help! Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe 80s

Greetings Teodor,

My friend and I have a streaming radio website. He was trying to add a “Recently Played Track” page using PHP. Every time I do work through your Web Builder it deletes the info on his page. When you go to that web page it says 404 Not Found. Please help! Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe80s

If you are using our Website Builder, after updating the webpage certain PHP scripts which are interfering with the builder will be deleted and replace by others if necessary…

Greetings Teodor,

Thank you for your quick response. How do I solve that problem?

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe80s

I don’t think you can. The only fix would be to create another website from 000webhost cPanel and set up the streaming system there.

Greetings Teodor,

My friend and I have a streaming radio website. He was trying to add a “Recently Played Track” page using FTP to add a new page. The web page is a PHP. Every time I do work through your Web Builder it deletes the info on his page. When you go to that web page it says 404 Not Found. Please help! Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Hothitsofthe80s

Here is the issue

We have a php file we need to include in one of the main php files to show last song played. If we upload these files either to the root or a subfolder, the web builder deletes it when it updates the whole site

the files are:

song_update.php
and
data.txt which needs to be set to 777 according to the radio DJ page

we also in to include the PHP file in the listen page so we can display the last songs played

http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/now-playing-info-plugin.html

<?php include("song_update.php"); ?>

we have no problem uploading those files and the data from radio DJ does get there, so if you run /song_update.php, you will see the last played.

So

1. How can we keep the files from deleting.
  2. what’s the best way to incorporate it into the list php page, as if we do, we will get an error message?

Teresa

also we are using FTP to send the file

Please archive the files, upload them on the internet and send a link with them.