Upgrade php 5.2.X to 5.3.X

Well, if it’s only for testing purposes, then there is no problem in running it on your home computer using XAMPP, LAMP, MAMP, WAMP or install Apache/lighttpd/nginx, PHP, mysql and PhpMyAdmin manually.

If you want to testing it perfomance wise out on the internet, just port forward your router (if you have to) then run the server from your own computer :wink:

And there is no problem if you want to switch host, and you can even try out the free vps at http://losn.me/f and setup everything as you like, bear in mind that this only gives you an IPv6 address (in most cases that shouldn’t be any problem)

i realy want to learn this …:slight_smile:

Best Computer College in Faisalabad

It’s another year later and still no PHP 5.3? What’s going on?

I like using 000webhost and supporting you guys but your being passed up by other companies. It’s making it more difficult to stick around.

Just use 000webhosts sister company, hostinger.com or hostinger.co.uk
I wouldn’t bother waiting for something that’s not going to happen :wink:

http://thesaka24.blogspot.com/2013/12/free-website-hosting-2014-review.html

Here, and I would go with HelioHost, they rock :slight_smile:

php 5.4 uses much less memory :slight_smile: a script that uses 60MB will probably use ~45MB under php 5.4 :slight_smile:

You currently have PHP version 5.2.17 installed. The minimum requirement is PHP 5.5.0.

my login script

Drupal8 will require php 5.3
Wordpress will still work with php 5.2 for at least another year and probably longer.
I don’t know of any scripts that need 5.4 or higher. which script is that, Forsite?

The only reason I would like to see 000webhost upgrade to 5.4 is that it uses much less memory, less overall resources (CPU and disk activity) and will probably reduce downtime/outages. But it is up to 000webhost administrators.

As mentioned about a million times there are no plans on upgrading to 5.3 or later for free accounts. If you need 5.3 to run your script check the hostinger link in my signature, they let you choose between different PHP versions

That’s so stupid, it isn’t even funny. I don’t want to PAY a web host that does that to its free users. You’re putting users’ security at risk just because you want more paid customers. Joomla 3, Drupal 8, and soon WordPress will all require at least PHP 5.3.2 just to run. I’m now in search of a new web host because of the lack of the PHP support/install scripts that you advertise, and you’re always trigger-happy to delete any website you want just to troll. I have reported you to the BBB for false advertising.

000webhost is just a soft advertising system for hostinger.
In my opinion, there are more urgent things than a php upgrade like the constant downtime. My website is down for 2 minutes at least 20 times a day. that is 40 minute downtime every 24 hours.
wordpress will continue to only need php 5.2.4 for the foreseeable future. Mybb too.

As BK[CORE] said, check out hostinger, they’re free and allows multiple php versions:

000WebHost puts Hostinger advertisements on all of my sites, even though they say that they don’t advertise on people’s websites. That’s not very convincing to make me want to buy something from any one of 000WebHost’s affiliates.

Why not disable the analytics code and stop the adverts? http://www.000webhost.com/forum/showthread.php?p=192006#post192006

That’s not very convincing to make me want to buy something from any one of 000WebHost’s affiliates.

How many paid hosting sites give you a free service? How do you judge those who don’t? (not that the two compare anyway - different servers etc etc)

I do agree that the homepage needs to be updated.

… free web hosting services without advertising! There are no hidden costs, no adverts …

And while I’m at it, this:

…is untrue.

Gave Hostinger a try on your suggestion, but after an hour’s swearing at it I can’t get our software to run. Which works perfectly on 000 and most other sites.

Not sure exactly why, but it seems like their php implementation is locked-down to the point where it will only run the commands required by mainstream packages. I’d rather have 5.2 that does what the php manual says it should, than 5.5 that doesn’t.

hostinger’s php 5.5 is missing mysql module.

On Hostinger, you can change the PHP version for your site. I didn’t know it was 5.5 by default, but upon reading this, it appears to be.

" PHP with MySQL Database Support:

Unlike other free webhosts we do support PHP and MySQL with no restrictions. You get full access to the latest version of PHP and MySQL. The following PHP features are fully supported:

PHP mail() function and Sendmail
Curl, GD2 library, XML, Zend, .htaccess support
fopen() and PHP sockets
safe_mode is OFF, file uploads are ON
Zend Optimizer support, Ioncube loader… and much more features are enabled"

I think you should at least stop advertising that you have the latest version of PHP. That’s ridiculous.

I got default PHP5.3 when I created a new account with hostinger.