Uploaded WordPress Site not Working

Hello,
I uploaded a prebuilt wordpress site with filezilla onto my website, but could not access it through the web browser address bar. Is it a automatic to install WordPress site on my 000webhost.com account in addition to the localhost one i uploaded, Help

Website address? :slight_smile:

https://arktion.000webhostapp.com/
http://www.arkonline.gq/ parked domain,
However I’ve installed wordpress from 000webhost.com and rebuilding, but any help on what went wrong with the first approach and how i could overcome it will be appreciated, thanks

If you upload a prebuilt WP site then you don’t need to use the autoinstaller, you just need to make the previous install work correctly; which isn’t always that easy;

1 Like

Please what should be done in order to make it work. Rebuilding the website again using the autoinstaller is like doing double work , though it working alright. Any help on how to make the prebuilt WP site work will be appreciated , thanks

Just import database correctly and upload and verify all the files

after importing database to the website arktion.000webhostapp.com using filezilla and updated my wp-config file with my website database information yet keep receiving the following error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function _wp_get_current_user() in /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(603): wp_get_current_user() #1 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-settings.php(435): WP->init() #2 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-config.php(89): require_once(’/storage/ssd1/4
’) #3 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/storage/ssd1/4
’) #4 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(’/storage/ssd1/4
’) #5 /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/index.php(17): require(’/storage/ssd1/4
’) #6 {main} thrown in /storage/ssd1/431/3845431/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 69

what is wrong , and will appreciate any guide on imporitng database and website files to 000webhost.com if there is any, thanks

@rob1 I don’t see any contents in “wp-config.php” , that’s the reason you’re getting “Error establishing a database connection”.

To make it work:-

1. Upload original “wp-config.php” again.
  2. Else copy contents from “wp-config-sample.php” to “wp-config.php” and update database related details.

This should solve your issue.

1 Like

after uploading original “wp-config.php” and also trying to copy contents from "wp-config-sample.php to “wp-config.php” and updating dtatabse related details, the problem still persists what should i do next:

Here are my wp-config details
1 .define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘id3845431_arktiondigitaldb’);

/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘id3845431_arktion’);

/** MySQL database password /
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, '
*****’);

/** MySQL hostname */
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);
NB: This generates the error message as I’ve mentioned above

But when I changed the
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); to define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘msql2.000webhost.com’); it generates the error : " Error Establishing Database Connection"
any help please.
:confused:

Re-use localhost, seems like a wordpress issue with php, id some defining variables