Using Google mail with 000webhost

I am having problems with that myself. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and I can download and read my messages but when I try to reply, I can not do such. I have to still use the web e-mail client to send messages and I find it annoying. I would love to just be able to read my e-mail and reply if need be through my Thunderbird program.

Thanks…
btw… my domain is registered through godaddy.com but hosting is through your 000webhost company and I love that there’s no ads :slight_smile:

free account does not have access to smtp which why you can’t sent outside of webmail. You can set up the MX to point to your smtp provider like Google or Live mail or GoDaddy. Just follow the direct on the first post on how to set MX record to point to your own smtp server.

Hello all,
I have a problem with incoming emails. All my emails coming to any aliases within my domain (xxx@divisionit.co.uk) are being returned to the sender with error:
Sorry, I couldn’t find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

when i did check the mx with mx lookup i got following rapport:

Validation results
canonical address: <rafal@divisionit.co.uk>
MX records
preference exchange IP address (if included)
0 aspmx.l.google.com [0.0.0.0]
SMTP session
[Resolving aspmx.l.google.com…]
[Contacting aspmx.l.google.com [74.125.157.27]…]
[Connected]
220 mx.google.com ESMTP g7si12573659yha.123
EHLO Network-Tools.com
250-mx.google.com at your service, [67.222.132.194]
250-SIZE 35651584
250-8BITMIME
250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
VRFY rafal
252 2.1.5 Send some mail, I’ll try my best g7si12573659yha.123
RSET
250 2.1.5 Flushed g7si12573659yha.123
EXPN rafal
502 5.5.1 Unimplemented command. g7si12573659yha.123
RSET
MAIL FROM:<admin@Network-Tools.com>
250 2.1.0 OK g7si12573659yha.123
RCPT TO:<rafal@divisionit.co.uk>
250 2.1.5 OK g7si12573659yha.123
RSET
QUIT

I do not understand why the mx record check returns google server IP address as 0.0.0.0

I don’t have problems sending email form any of the aliases within my domain name.

My domain is hosted with 123-reg.co.uk, mx records are set up the way google wants:
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. priority: 1, and so on with other 6 records

My website is hosted with 000webhost.com and MX record is set to pont to:
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

I have no idea what else to try to finally be able to receive the emails.
Just to mention, there is no support from 000webhost whatsoever. It is a pity because I’m getting a taste of what I could expect when I will upgrade my account with them and start to pay.

Please help guys.

sorted now… thanks anyway busy people

I’m using a plugin named Contact Form 7 ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/ ) for Wordpress and of course, it don’t work cause of SMTP server I think. But, is this topic the solution to my problem? Can I use live.com external smtp to get my form working? Or, am I wrong? I am French so I’m not sure that I understand this topic.

Thanks for the future answer.

I cannot add MX record in my free 000webhost. Is really possible to add MX record in a free account? How to setup this?

you can get this done in your control panel in section EMAIL.
you will see Modify MX Record. you can add only one MX record with free account.
mx for google apps (google mailserver) will be: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. (with the dot at the end).
regards

I already try that way. Bust still didnt work, with the message:
“This feature is available only if you host your own domain. Upgrade your account and we will register free .com, .net, .org, .info, .eu domain for you!”

demank,
who is hosting your domain? i have free 000webhost account and have no problem changing the MX to what ever i want. my domain is hosted by 123-reg.co.uk
regards

I am using hostei.com., then not every free host in 000webhost have ability to add MX record?

you can only use this if you are using 000webhost name server not when you are using a-record.

I still dont understand.
then please guide me how to make adding MX record enable?
create new domain?

This is very simple!

You can only use MX if you have your own domain name but if you use 000webhost subdomain you will get this message when you try to use MX record because you can’t.

This feature is available only if you host your own domain. Upgrade your account and we will register free .com, .net, .org, .info, .eu domain for you!

In summary: You have to have a site that use your own domain name in order to use MX record.

one more question. If I park co.cc domain in this 000webhost, is it possible to add MX record in my hostei.com ? (free sub domain from 000webhost)

parked domain will not work for mail you have to create a new site with your domain name then you can use MX

Ok, thanks

Hi Chanh,

I did everything you said about how to register the mx record even before to read your post, but Google apps is still asking to me for the domain confirmation. Why? Just keep in mind that my changes were made 48 hrs before to come to this forum! Could you help me on this subject?

Rômulo frm Brazil.

[3 minutes later]

In fact, can you say to me if there is another way to register my domain with Google Apps in 000webhost? Cname; Txt; html…

regards,

Rômulo frm Brasil.

Hello,

Google Apps allows you to “register” your domain using a TXT record for your domain, if your domain provider allows you to create a TXT record.

You can also do this by adding a file that google gives you on your server, or adding a label inside the head section of your index file.

Hi, I have my own domain, is it possible to use my mail i.e. mail@mydomain.com instead of userid@server000webhost.com for sending mail using php function?

Hi there,

I seem to have similar issues to what you have just described, would you mind explaining to me as to where i can go within webhost.com panel to change the MX stuff??

I would recommend reading this - http://www.000webhost.com/forum/faq/22663-how-fix-e-mail-sending-receiving.html