Using Google mail with 000webhost

Have read all the posts but no answer for my prob…

I have hosted my domain in your hosting. after creating emails in 000webhost.com I have forwarded them to my gmail.com account. I have validated in gmail. However I can only send emails using my domain name (office@???.eu) but I cannot receive any email. People informed me that they have received error that my email does not exist.
Can you help me?

thank! good idea

thanks you

Hey guys, I’ve set the MX server here on 000webhost and Hotmail recognices it, I created some accounts but all of them have problems receiving mails (“Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently” mail coming back), so I wanted to check if someone else had the same issue with hotmail+000webhost because now it seems like it’s working (I can send mails and all) but I can’t receive them, so it’s a big issue to use those mails.

Site URL: con-sentidos.cl
Server Name: server35.000webhost.com
MX Server: 24d62b5c96130b408a9e383bea02bb.pamx1.hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Don’t forget that any DNS changes (including MX records) can take upto 72 hours to take effect.

My GoogleApp GMail setup doesn’t work anymore since they no longer offer it for free. I included the MX record and Google tells me I need a valid SPF record and it states this about my MX record:

Your setup Recommended setup
0 aspmx.l.google.com 10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
30 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

Can anyone help me with this problem and is anyone else having this issue?

It’s weird because I used to not need this MX record until they upgraded GooglE Apps to not offer free Domain Management. So I added the MX record aspmx.l.google.com and I get 2 non-critical issues from Google. The first one is this:

Your setup

0 aspmx.l.google.com

Recommended setup

10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
30 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
30 ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

The second issue is that I don’t have an SPF record:

SPF record specifies Gmail’s IP addresses as valid for sending domain’s messages
If no other servers send mail on behalf of this domain then this record SHOULD be set to
"v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all"

Can anyone help me with this? Like I said it used to send the domain email to Google account, but it doesn’t anymore. I followed the steps of adding the MX record, but nothing. I did an NSLOOKUP using cmd.exe and it says this:

Non-authoritative answer:

MX preference = 0, Email exchanger = aspmx.l.google.com

Im stumped?:confused:

The messed up part is my contact form isn’t sending mail to a regular gmail account but does with a yahoo email account. Maybe this helps? The domain email info@h2omuskegon.com is just stuck in 000webhosts webmail and the gmail account h2omuskegon@gmail.com doesnt even get the message.

Thanks man

Google looks to no longer support the free Gmail for domain use. Any other option?

You can try with Windows Live Domains

A quick question:

I am (for now) using a free hosting account. Once I point my domain (sitename.org.au) to the 000webhost nameservers, can somebody confirm that it will definitely be possible to configure the MX record? I ask because obviously I can’t access that part of the members area at the moment, and I want to ensure that our email is down for as short a time as possible when I move the domain here.

(Additional sidenote: we are already using Google Apps mail - we want to make sure it keeps working after we point the domain to 000webhost.)

thanks…

it tried to set up google apps is only 1 month trial then they are asking for money per month is there any other method by which we can get it for free

Hi dear,

Thanks for advice I will use it.

Thanks for this, chanh. It works wel