vBulletin 3.xx Database Error

My website, predominantly a forum for music synthesizer enthusiasts - infekted dot org - is currently suffering a vBulletin database error out of the blue.

Taking a peek at the logs, the error seems to refer to three separate lines of code in the file http://www.infekted.org/virus/includes/class_core.php which are the following:

PHP Deprecated: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/drammy/public_html/virus/includes/class_core.php on line 2348

PHP Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/drammy/public_html/virus/includes/class_core.php on line 1514

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = ā€˜ā€™, $link = NULL) in /home/drammy/public_html/virus/includes/class_core.php on line 1115

Any help would be massively appreciated. The database was working fine a few days ago, and nothingā€™s been tweaked from admin side of things. Can only think certain syntax has become broken/deprecated after external version upgrades by the host. Admittedly vBulletin v3.xx is largely unsupported now.

Apologies if the URLs look scary - the ā€œVirusā€ in my context refers a line of high-end music synthesizer keyboards that have been used in dance music for the past 20 years (search ā€œAccess Virusā€ on Google if you wish to confirm) - you will certainly have heard the Virus synths being used in countless songs in the music charts, even if you didnā€™t know it. To reiterate, my website absolutely has nothing to do with viruses of the malicious software kind!

Much apprec.
Timo (Snowy)

Hello!

What is the .000webhostapp.com domain that your site is under? I tried searching your domain and 000webhost forum email, but Iā€™m not getting any results. :slight_smile:

ex: site-name123.000webhostapp.com

It appears that site isnā€™t hosted here, while weā€™d like to help we canā€™t as we donā€™t know the workings behind your hosting so they could be vastly different than the values we use at 000webhost.

Iā€™d recommend getting in touch with your hosting company if the issue has appeared out of the blue like you are suggesting.
The other idea could be is you are using a massively outdated version of vBulletin with tons of security holes in it and it has reached end of life for support too so someone could have ā€œhackedā€ you and messed things up by accident/on purpose in the process.

My apologies, I jumped into this forum from a similar thread found on a search via Google and erroneously believed 000webhost was a general community forum rather than a company support website.

I have since contacted my actual host and the problem has been resolved.

Apologies for the misunderstanding and for taking your time.

Thanks, Tim/Sn0w

1 Like