Website has reset itself

Hi,

Need some urgent help.

My website has reset itself www.usebecausecom.000webhost.com I tried to log in to wordpress and it seemed to set it back the default. All of the files I uploaded to create the site still seem to be there. Is there a way of getting my site back?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Your website does not exist in our records.
Also, is that your website?
usebecausecom.000webhostapp.com

Hi @kevinredmond2!

We don’t reset websites automatically.

However if you have attempted to install Wordpress using our automated installer and overwrite the previous Wordpress site, then your website has naturally been reset to default.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to go back to the version I overwrote? all of the files still seem to be there.

thanks,

Kevin.

I am not sure… Let me try something…

Yes that is my site. I had to create a second profile to log onto the forum for some reason. Original site is under kevinredmond1.

Thanks.

Kevin.

No, unfortunately I can’t because I don’t know the password of the first created databases…

And previous posts/schemas were registered in there.

Ok, so can I do it? Can I change the password to something generic and give you that password?

Tell me what to do.

I was originally trying to log into wordpress through 000webhost.com to make a small change the site and I couldn’t figure out how to do it.

Why I have never thought at that…

Yes! you can change the database password.

Please go to 000webhost cPanel > Manage database > id2487708_wp_4f7abf82eb391915f73ca2541c06b9f5 > Manage > Change password

And then reply the new chosen password.

I have changed it to *********

Ok, now please wait a second…

Please go to https://usebecausecom.000webhostapp.com/wp-login.php and try to login with your old Wordpress credentials.

You are an absolute legend. thanks so much.

So if I want to make changes to the site in future. I shouls go in through the wp-login.php link, is that right?

Yes, go to that link to make changes to your Wordpress site :wink:

Or if you forget the link, browse your website with /admin added after URL. But it’s easy to remember anyway.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

You’re welcome :blush: