Where can I see my current query count?

Once I make even one request to any link on my site, the site bricks and I’m confronted with the error that I’ve exceeded my max queries per hour. This is just a site that check the existence of a resource, if absent, incrementally gets the id of the last record, assigns this id to itself and inserts into the table. There is simply no way one request can attain 5000 counts as I don’t even have up to 600 rows of data. I now observe this message also appears in the phpmyadmin, which means that also is capped!!! Isn’t this absurd??!

Anyway, that’s beside the point. I tried running this query

SELECT 
HOUR(time) 'hr', COUNT(DISTINCT id) 
FROM schema.table 
WHERE time BETWEEN '2016-01-23 00:00:00' AND '2016-01-24 00:00:00'
GROUP BY hr;

So I can at least, debug the source of the astronomic surge in requests and then I’m slammed with a "ER_TABLEACCESS_DENIED_ERROR " which means I’m constricted from profiling what function or part of my code could be making so many calls (to not just 1, but 5000).

Can the admin kindly enable this feature for me, even for a few minutes to catch a glimpse of what causes the rise count or offer a solution as my entire work is stranded and frozen on your site? Many thanks in advance.

I hope I won’t be billed for making this comment, I thought I might add some detail. I wonder if it’s necessary for me to I explicitly set my PDO connections to null at the end of my scripts? I have the ATTR_PERSISTENT attribute in its constructor

array(PDO::ATTR_PERSISTENT => true)

Any other austere measures I can take will be welcomed. Caching may work but would only delay the impending doom. It’s imperative to know how and why causes so many requests.

We won’t change any PHP values for any free user because we cannot due to the way the infrastructure of the free service works.

What is your URL?

If you get rate limiting, then you won’t even get into phpmyadmin you’ll get a timed out or the 5000 request error shown - so not sure what the error you are getting means.

Thank you for your response, and sorry for my late reply. I’d been expecting a mail from this thread ever since I posted it but got none.
I cannot give you the url to my site just yet because it’s bricked. Any visits from you or anyone else will prolong the duration of my exile. In the meantime, I’ve barred all the functions that make database calls and searching which of them is the culprit. My guess is one of my recursive functions. As I said here

There’s a chance that this incrementation ends up with the same value on each iteration, resulting in an infinite loop which incidentally, I’m unable to test now, given I’ve been locked out.
Thank you for your concern.

EDIT
Even if you can’t turn off rate limiting or offer debug features for single users, it may be helpful to display more generic info like when the current ban expires, from your analytics or something, you can report what script is making most requests and suggest that could be responsible for the user getting barred, etc

I’ll await the URL 🥶

1 Like

Your anti-spam thingy says I can’t post links but the URL is at mike-mmm dot 000webhostapp dot com.
I’ve employed caching constructs to buoy whatever could be causing me to be unfairly banished from accessing the database, but the ailment trudges on. I think the only available fallback for me will be to resort to a remote MySQL server (instead of localhost), although I don’t know how feasible this may be.

Hi @iNeedAnswers!

What is the exact query you are trying to perform and leads to DB overflow? If the issue occurs on a certain URL, which one is it?