Why the database is still localhosted?

hi, greetings, everybody! I am a absolute beginner and i have following question(confusion) regarding DB creation on 000webhost.

As i know, if a DB is created, it should be hosted by 000webhost-server instead of my own MacBook. But i have tried 3 times, it always shows that my new DB is localhosted…
Therefore, i just want to know how get a DB hosted by 000webhost-server? I really don’t want every player who downloads my unity game to require data from my 100 years old MacBook… lol.

Thank U so much for any help or reply in advance!! :smiley:

Don’t worry. Databases created on 000webhost.com are not localhosted in any way. It’s mean they are stored on 000webhost databases servers and smartly routed from host=localhost to the real database instance. Not to your computer :slight_smile:

hi Skirmis, thank u so much for this Info! But there is a problem resulting from this: i have to write the URL link pointing to the created DB to realize data exchange between my game and the 000webhost-server, in the “manage database” page it is just showing “localhost” as hosting server so that i don’t know what to write down into my php-code as “$servername”…any suggestion or tip?

Thank you a lot again!! :smiley:

Remote MySQL connection is only available in Premium Hosting

i got it! thank you so much!!