Wordpress in a subfolder

Is it possible to install wordpress to a folder within htaccess? I’ve read it is but can’t manage it.

I’m trying to move two wordpress sites from Infinity Free to 000, where they are in separate subdomains with their own cpanels.

I’ve moved the first, it’s at jaystar.000webhostapp.com. I installed wordpress via the one click link, replaced the wp-content folder, edited config and put the 000 web address in the database file, the one called options.

All good.

For the other site, I created the folder /jaydin inside htaccess. I downloaded wordpress, uploaded all the files to /jaydin. Created a second database. Linked it changing config and options and basically doing the same as I did for the main site, uploaded wp-content etc.

So I was hoping the site at infinity free jaydin.online would appear in the folder /jaydin but when I try it, it says there is nothing there.

I can’t think what I did wrong. Possibly it’s not … possible?

The link you provided does not exist

You should upload the files to public_html folder.

It should work fine, as long as you upload into correct folders and then modify the database values to reflect new url :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK… so the correct folder is public html in root, in other words, in cannot be installed in a folder other than public html in root…

or if I want to install it in a folder lower than root… I should install it in jaydin/publichtml instead of /jaydin … sorry to be unclear.