Xoops Vs. Joomla

I was womdering what your guys oppinion was on this. Is Xoops Better or Joomla And Please Give a reason why

@Orc_dragoon
I prefer to Joomla! CMS, it’s very easy to use.

It is easy to use, as long as you don´t have a bazillion of users that contribute on a different user level. Joomla can do you head in when you have to properly setup permissions for usergroups :slight_smile:

Can´t really say much about XOOPS as i just installed it a couple of times for some customers, but didn´t really work with it. So i´ll be shutting up now ^^

I used both before, and I would recommend Joomla! over XOOPS anyday. I found XOOPS to be highly unfriendly in the Admin area and I found Joomla! was just too complicated! To set up the site without the starter data was impossible, and with it, it took way to long to edit and delete and try to make sense of what was there. The Joomla help files were difficult to understand, but for XOOPS they were non-existant!

Both fail when you want a unique theme, and you can’t find one in the theme repository that fits you. It’s hard and annoying to have to learn a new “coding language” just to determine where you want your navigation trail to be.

If you don’t have a huge high traffic site, I’d rather recommend Wordpress to you. It’s a blogging platform, but easily customizable, and it makes it easy to design a custom theme for. The only problem I have is with setting up a navigation scheme multiple levels deep and of course, there is no “members area” for users.

I am working on incorporating both MyBBoard and Wordpress together; using Wordpress as the CMS, and MyBB for a forum and for using its powerful user groups settings to determine what pages they can view.

Well Ive acually found some good xoops themes. The admin panel does suck but is simple

I don’t think Joomla is easy to learn at all. It took me 2 weeks to get a handle on it versus only a few hours for XOOPS.

If you choose Joomla and start adding components, be prepared to spend much of your time in the forums looking for fixes to problems and look forward to registering on the components developer’s web site before you can download the component. Joomla has potential though.

I haven’t tried Typo 3 extensively but I hear it is a nightmare to use

[COLOR=“Blue”]hmm XOOPS, but dont ask me why caus idk… lol.
i tested Joomla but didnt like it…[/COLOR]

@digitaldespared
If you think that Joomla is difficult to use, then that is the version of Joomla that you use, 1.0 or 1.5?