Zyro site backup recovery does not work

I transfer the site. The backup file size is 270 Mb, the restore function fails. How to restore the site?

use ftp like filezilla

1 Like

Can you screenshot the error you get?

This option does not work, already tried. The administrative part displays the old data.

So can you screenshot the error please?

& screenshot the backup file you’ve got please! :slight_smile:

000webhost breaks connection

Upload to imgur.com and paste link here

After 20 seconds of waiting, the browser issues it

Can I get a screenshot of the URL included please…

So screenshot of before, during and after basically.

Gif with a problem

Gotcha now!
Wowza 270mb File?

I’ll have to open a ticket with a developer because I’m pretty sure as you are experiencing you won’t be able to achieve that - but I’ll see what they say!

The backup file is 270 Mb, in unpacked form more than 500 Mb. How can I load it? If there is a limit of 512 Mb?

I’ve asked a developer to query this, I don’t personally think a 270mb will upload in time for the timeouts on the server but I could be wrong, but you are facing timeout errors in the .gif so I suspect I’m right.
I wonder if the developer will be able to advise better so you’ll have to wait for a response! :frowning:
Sorry.

@tautvis

What do you mean unpacked form?

Can you right click the file on your desktop and let me see the properties please?

Example:

Did you download the file from the Hostinger Zyro Backup wizard?

& if possible a screenshot of the backup.sitebuilder in unpacked form?

Yes, I thought that this is a script processing timeout. Well, I will wait for an answer.
I made a mistake, 530 mb is a complete copy from the server via ftp. The backup file is 264 mb in the file properties, so it should load normally, but not load.

@f2art I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but the backup is TOO big, there isn’t anything on the free platform we can do to allow this import ourselves, so I’m sorry you’ll either have two choices

1. upgrade to Hostinger

2. leave Hostinger/000webhost and find alternative service that will work with a backup file that big :frowning:

The developer replied there is nothing we can change to avoid the timeout on the free service :frowning:

Maybe then you need to edit the limit of 512 mb for a backup copy of the site regarding the free service? If it does not meet the promises.

How to edit backup archive to download image files separately from it? Zyro does not accept the edited archive.

Yeah we’ll contact Zyro and ask them to.

000webhost has execution time limits in place on the free plan which is why it times out, if there was no limit then 512mb would be fine.

Unsure about changing archive files, on Hostinger what was your URL? it seems like a really big backup file, I’ve never seen one bigger than 10mb.

The site has many images, about 1000. Therefore, the backup file is large.
Transferring a full copy of the site via ftp also does not give results.
Hostinger does not suit us, and from there the site is transferred.
There is only one solution left? Abandon Zyro and re-make the site?