"Cancelled of inactivity" - Why?

I am sorry but could somebody explain why my account is cancelled because of “inactivity”?

1. I have entered my account day before and uploaded records in MySQL tables. I used web hosting also…

2. Account is not only cancelled, but [COLOR=“Red”]all MySQL tables are removed now[/COLOR]!!!

3. I have reactivaded account by all information is gone - MySQL, web files etc

Is it possible to recover them?

Nope, the only way to recover your files is to upload a backup.

But why have you removed them without any notice?

and what the term “inactivity” means ?

50-80 visitors per day for web and the whole week hard working in uploading MySQL tables…

1. We warn customers via email and also place notices up on their sites.

2. Inactivity means you are not active.

your answer is nonsense

1. I have not received any email, even if I received it there is no clear reason to delete MySQL tables and web;

and

1. you do not explain whay I am not “active”.

there was nothing mentioned like that neither in cPanel nor PhpMyAdmin during last 1 week I was working with MySQL tables, even if it is mentioned there is no clear reason to delete files from FREE web hosting and putting the reason “inactive”

The term "INACTIVE’ is still unclear?

So, I have to inform every day 000WebHost administrators that I am an “ACTIVE” person running 15km every day from home to my work and back or what?

and they will not delete files in this case?

No, it’s not.

1. We send emails prior to removing your data (if it’s not in your spam box then your mail provider must be blacklisting our mail server(s) - nothing much we can do about that).

2. We place notices on your site 2 weeks before cancelling your account for inactivity.

3. We put warnings in your members area and gve you the opportunity to protect your account.

as mentioned before - no emails received, no notices placed on my site, no warning in members area!!!

People setup their web sites and do not visit their members area or databases for a long time. But that doesn’t mean the site is not active or owners do not care about it and that you have to remove web files and database tables even if you put notice!!!

*protect

Hehe, dam you auto correct :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm, this has also happened to me, twice, but in all honesty I did not receive an email either time. I logged into the account and saw a note that my domain was pending suspension due to inactivity. I was asked to confirm that the account was still active, which I did, end of story.

The sites that were “inactive” actually had “under construction” up while I worked on them so traffic was down. I’m not sure how long the notice for suspension is slated to be posted for users, but I now check my 000webhost weekly just in case.

now what you say is really nonsense or you didn’t understand the issue…

I never said that they should not delete inactive accounts?

**[COLOR=“Red”]The issue is how administration of this free hosting identify their customers as ACTIVE or INACTIVE ???

What is criteria of the selection?[/COLOR]**

AND I MENTIONED ALREADY MANY TIMES THAT I WORKED HARD LAST 1 WEEK WITH MY HOSTED WEB FILES AND MYSQL TABLES… ADMINISTRATION COULD CHECK THE LOG FILES…

HOW I CAN BE INACTIVE???

2 pages discussion and nobody gives me the right answer…

Calm down.

Anyway; Your website must get at least 10 visitors per month and it must be fully uploaded (it cannot contain keywords like ‘under construction’, or ‘come back later’). Otherwise website is canceled automatically.

Rdecode,

There must have been a notice on your account. Is it fair to say maybe you just didn’t see it?

Do you still have all the files, pictures and writing for your website? If so, it should be no problem to recreate a new website. If you need help, I’m sure one of us would be willing to pitch in. I spent yesterday recreating an entire website for someone with a similar problem, and he’s up and running this morning.

1. Today I have re-uploaded web and reset the statcounter - it shows 38 unique visitors per day.
  2. It was fully uploaded always, with no keywords ‘under construction’, or ‘come back later’ etc.

Is it sufficient to be an ‘ACTIVE’ customer ?

Shall I start re-uploading MySQL tables now with confidence that they are not deleted in few days?

Although I get emails what if I couldn’t access it or it was compromised?

2.Notices are never put on my sites when they are going to close for inactivity.

3.That is the only valid one

I fell victim to this as well. I use Gmail and there was nothing in my Spam folder, so Google must have 000webhost blacklisted as Lobrc suggested.

My databases were deleted, and I have to live with that. Going forward I am manually exporting gzipped backups and saving them locally. In the event this happens again I can simply upload my gzipped backup and be back online within minutes.

:slight_smile:

Chances are there was a notification in my cPanel and I just never saw it. Honestly, I wasn’t looking for a notice so it’s quite likely I simply didn’t pay any attention to it. What’s done is done, though. We aren’t paying a dime for this hosting so we can’t really complain. Your site was deleted once, so now you’ve learned the importance of exporting backups. If you don’t know how to manually export a database backup through phpMyAdmin, please check these instructions:

http://freecmshelp.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=216

It appears “Active” means logging in to control panel every 14 days or more frequently - as told to me by a “Staff Member”. Nowhere in TOS can I find such a requirement.

And as for sending emails and claiming they must be being blocked by my host if I don’t receive them, well that is just wrong. I have been corresponding with “help” of 000webhost.com and receiving email from them from that address over the past several days. These are the first emails I have EVER received yet I have had my account cancelled once and just recently was about to have it cancelled again but saw the notice on the webpage and then the control panel.

exactly!

it was not fair removing my web and MySQL files without any notice…

nothing is free in this world, including web hosting…

therefore I move to pay hosting now…

thank you anyway for hosting my web temporary

Guys, lots of condescention going on here to each other. No need.

It happened to me several times as well with no email. I did catch once the “pending cancellation”

I guess the key, and I have to agree, we are mostly smart people here the question remains… how “activity” is defined?

• logging in into the cPanel?
  • People visiting our sites?
  • Us uploading files to the server?
  • Us making ANY change to the server?

What is the minimal action that is required to take for the servers to consider the account active?

Thank you for your service.

This is what the account removal email states:

Account considered inactive if no website is uploaded or it did not received more than 10 visitors in 30 days. Website also should not contain text like under construction or similar.

And for keeping it:

if you would like to continue using this account you can protect it against termination by visiting members area:
http://members.000webhost.com/

So when this happens, yes you need to enter your cpanel and confirm you want to keep the account active.

As of the email filters, check if your ISP has switches for filtering email and turn them off. You should change ISP if there is no way around - if you cannot receive all emails on demand.