Changing Nameservers to Cloudflare

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on making a website for one of my clients and I am trying to get them setup with Cloudflare.

I have a problem with setting it up, the service wants me to change the nameservers from 000webhost to their own nameserver. I would assume that is possible to do if you had full cpanel access but 000webhost does not give that access to its customers (I have not yet seen a link to cpanel in the member area).

How can I change the nameservers to Cloudflare’s? Is it even possible?

Thanks!

Purchase domain from domain registrar > point at CloudFlare nameservers > configure CloudFlare account to point at 000webhost nameservers?

Existing domain pointing at 000webhost nameservers > login to domain registrar > point to CloudFlare nameservers > configure CloudFlare to point at 000webhost nameservers.

Alright, I added Cloudflare’s nameservers to the DotTK nameserver list and refreshed it. Now the website does not come up because the server DNS could not be found.

What is your domain name??

Its: watertownel.ml

the DN from 000webhost is: watertownexceptionallearning.000webhostapp.com

At present i don’t see name servers related to 000webhost or Cloudflare.

First update 000webhost nameservers on your domain dns and set up all the things you need.
Then…update cloudflare nameservers on your domain dns, replacing 000webhost name servers.

If you have any doubts post back or PM for remote help!!!

Have you registered : watertownel.ml yes?

Yes I did register it. I also just emailed the Freenom service about the watertownel.ml domain. Because I am very restricted on time I registered a new domain: watertownel.tk

I had changed the namerservers to 000webhost’s and the domain is parked. But everytime I click the URL for watertownel.tk, it redirects to watertownel.ml

I had deleted everything under the set web address and added the watertownel.tk, but the problem still persists.

How can I get rid of this redirection?

There are also no redirects that I have made to the website. Watertownel.ml is also not on my list of owned domains with my DNS provider.

So you have now watertownel.tk as the parked/linked domain to your 000webhost.com

watertownel.ml is still not pointing at 000webhost so lets leave that out of the equation.

I am going to suggest your configuration is the issue here
watertownexceptionallearning.000webhostapp.com and watertownel.tk both redirect to watertownel.ml which suggests you’ve got a script installed maybe WordPress? And the config url / site url will be watertownel.ml possibly?

I had checked the .htaccess file, thats supposedly where the 301 redirects would be coded into…Nothing there that suggests a 301 redirect of any type.

It would be stored in your MySQL database if you are using WordPress.

If you had water.ml within the configuration then this would be the reason for the redirection.

I see still, it is being redirected to “watertownel.ml”.
Have you tried chnages suggested by infinity.

Yep, it worked. The database was the problem with the redirects.

You had to go under _options and the first two rows should have the site URL and the homepage URL.

1 Like