Configuration DNS in domain Dot TK

Hallo everyone.

I have registated e free domain from Dot TK, but I don’t know how configure the DNS A, CNAME and MX records for my 000webhost site.

It asks me:
A → Host name →IP address
CNAME → Host name →IP address
MX → IP address

I’ve seen this topic (http://www.000webhost.com/forum/comments-suggestions/8743-how-setup-your-domain-name-without-using-000webhost-name-server.html), but it’s only about IP and not hostname.

Anyone have solved the same problem?
Thank you for help.

EDIT: After uundreds of tries I think I’ve solved the problem by myself.

The answer was:
In A record
Host name: mydomain.tk
IP address: my000webhostipaddess+1

You could just use nameservers…?

You are right, it’s the simplest way. Thank you very much.

hey guys…I know this is an old post… But I have a tk domain too, but i can’t get the email to work with my domain eg: ajo@ajospace.tk.

If possible can you please post What values to fill in where? I see that can change the MX record to anything in the cp of DotTK and also here at 000webhost.com. I tried some random values but it never worked.

Regards

Are you using 000webhosts nameservers?
Have you created an email account under Manage Email Accounts in cpanel? Then waited upto 24hrs for it to start working?

Hi Shock, thanks for responding. yes i’m using the free hosting, so i dont know if that matters. I did see the nameservers addresses, but where do fill that in at dot.tk? Well i did set up a email address, but it dissappeared after 24 hours! I have no idea why. At the Dot.TK end i filled in various values for MX records. For the ‘A record’ i filled in the hostname(my domain at tk) and then the IP adress i saw in my account manager at 000webhost.com. That got browsers to reach my site on the hosting. But i have no idea what to fill in for the MX record. I tried values like the nameservers’ addresses, and vcrazy stuff like pop3.mydomain.tk. It seemed to accept any value that resembled something.mydomain.tk.

You can’t use 000webhosts email service using an A record, just if you use their nameservers. Downside of using nameservers is they don’t seem to be very reliable at the moment so it’s probably better to stick with how you’ve set it up now.
You can read dot TK setup in my sig if you want to use nameservers though.
Never really looked into dot tk and their email service, they must have a guide somewhere - will look into it.

Hi, Ok. Thanks for the info. Of course the option for buying the serverces of 000webhost.com simplyfies all of this. I will check into in more myself though. Just to see if i can get it going. I appreciate your help. If i get it working i will post the settings here. Unless you get there before me :wink:

Something you can do is use TK mail alias, login at dot tk and click apps, make an alias and use that instead of your own email address.