Error when trying to create new folder

i get this error ftp_mkdir(): Can't create directory: File exists when i try to create new folder

Hi kuini

I can create directories without problems. What folder do you want to create and where?

i do folder > folder > but the 3rd folder wont go in, i get error there

I have created a test folder in /public_html with more than 3 levels, and it worked :wink:

It’s important to tell us how do you want to name your folder, and where to create it, as there may be names which may interfere with the server.

Japanese Hayaku > php > friend

That’s odd. Please go to cPanel > Settings > General > Fix files permission.

Then try again :slight_smile:

forgot to say its under public_html

That’s the path where your website should be. It’s ok :wink:

i remade the folders Japanese Hayaku > php > friend and friend failed again

Have you tried fixing files permissions?

yes i tried 2 times, but i still get error

I know why this error occurs.

It’s because your folder /public_html/Japanese Hayacu contains a space in it. Please avoid using spaces in folders, as these can easily interfere with the entire engine of PHP. :wink:

You can add a space bar to replace the space, like this: Japanese_Hayacu and such errors will disappear.

i got it working but my php doesnt work… im using pdo… Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'MyDatabaseException' not found in /storage/h10/718/1797718/public_html/Japanese Hayaku/php/dbConnect.php:7 Stack trace: #0 /storage/h10/718/1797718/public_html/Japanese Hayaku/index.php(3): require() #1 {main} thrown in /storage/h10/718/1797718/public_html/Japanese Hayaku/php/dbConnect.php on line 7

oh how do i create a database

You can create a database by going to cPanel > Manage databases > Create

Note that DB’s host is localhost :wink:

i cant import my own tables i get errors

Click on database first (from left), then go to Import tab and import your tables.

Switch “SQL compatibility mode” to “Traditional” if necessary.

i also got error with javascript not loading on my website

This is not a 000webhost related issue. We don’t delete nor modify your files, except when they violate the TOS (but this is not the case).

Make sure your JS files are linked correctly.

its working now after sometime but i need to insert a whole folder but what should i use to compress it ? winrar doesnt work