Filezilla repetitive error whilst uploading

Hi Guys!

Im fairly new to this sort of thing but im pretty sure the issues im having are not down to being a newbie… but we shall see!

Im using Openelement to build my (pretty basic) website. I have created this and uploaded it using the built in ftp publisher without any issues whatsoever… this is where it gets strange… I then updated the website and tried again a few days later to upload but I then had a multitude of errors with the server dropping the connection. I logged in to 000 to upload using the file manager and I was getting the error… Error -1 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this Ajax response. This was sporadic but quite regular… sometimes it would come up other times it wouldn’t? now when I log in to try and do the same thing it says my log in details are incorrect…?

So! what I did was download Filezilla as suggested by multiple posts on here… this works however very very slowly. it may upload one or 2 files then time out, then lose connection to server, then reconnect, then drop the connection again, then upload a file… this process repeats itself over and over but slowly uploading everything. I have tried selecting the keep alive function too with no improvement.

whilst going through this process last night I assumed 000’s servers may be having issues but now I feel it may be something silly im doing wrong but seeing as though I haven’t changed any settings since I first uploaded and it is now doing this I am unsure…

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Ryan

1 Like

i have same problem @Infinity

Im glad it isn’t just me! hopefully its a server issue… could anybody shed any light on the situation?

1 Like

@sgsproms try it again… mine appears to have resolved itself?

1 Like

nope
also i have this

it feezes on this for aaaaaages

@Brassmonkey89 @sgsproms
If you have multiple files to upload at once then i suggest…first zip your files.
Then use unzipper to unzip within seconds.

1 Like

on mine it is now uploading but doing exactly what you have just described… Im only uploading about 7.5Mb and it is taking hours

1 Like

im trying the zip technique now… I will let you know how I get on

1 Like

As @sgsproms has shown above, it just freezes as uploading… so still no joy even with the zip technique

1 Like

i used the unzipper technique 2 days ago and made the forum " sgsp-forums.000webhostapp.com " but this technique i so annoyng as i need to upload every single addon and theme

Surely somebody on here has a solution or is experiencing the same issue!

Slow but it gets there eventually, hopefully someone is working on it but could just be because of so much traffic :frowning:

no after it freezes for ages it gives error and it doesn’t upload the file at all

I just posted about having similar issues. This must be on the servers side. I havent made any changes to my FTP client or connection details and the same issue is happening. I’ve even tried on 000webhosts browser file transfer service and the same error is happening. 99% completed upload of single file and then it hangs.

@tristate1 I guess it’s mostly because of traffic.

i have same issue also , in web file manager 99% and then hangs forever , this problem started 4 days or 5 days ago , problem in traffic for 4~5 days !

ok now , ftp is semi-fixed

but before transferring , it hangs alot on “connecting”

1 Like