I could Not Connect Via FTP(Filezilla)

|Status:|Connecting to 145.14.145.53:21…
|Status:|Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
|Response:|220 ProFTPD Server (000webhost .com) [::ffff:145.14.145.53]|
|Command:|AUTH TLS|
|Error:|Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|
|Status:|Waiting to retry…|
|Status:|Connecting to 145.14.145.53:21…|
|Status:|Connection established, waiting for welcome message…|
|Command:|AUTH TLS|
|Error:|Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

Capture

FTP transfer: ON
Host Name files.000webhost. com (ignore the space cant put 1> link )
Port:21
Username:shopedited
Password: same as your website password

Can someone help me i tried searching from previous post from the forum but no luck
@Infinity m using broadband I cant someone reply to your message

Who is your ISP? :1234:

1 Like

DSL is that what you mean

Possibly may differ on region, internet service provider i.e. Sky, Virgin, Comcast etc

what does it mean? im block from using FTP because im using broadband? I’ve been encountering this problem for a long time maybe im just using free hosting

It means certain providers will block 000webhost by accident/purpose.
Try contacting your ISP and asking them to unblock files.000webhost.com or open port 21 etc.

1 Like

Hello Infinity, I’m copping with the same problem

A few mins ago, when I was running 000webhost.com on my browser, After accomplishing the connection successfully, I drag and dropped the WordPress folder from my XAMPP/htdocs to FileZilla. It has the size of around 280 MB.

Please view the screenshot capture-2

This shows an error message that says “Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
File transferred failed”

But, in the lower tab, you can see the files are being copied and the status says “Transferring”

This is getting me confused, because on the upper tab, server is trying to make a connection, and in the lower tab, the files are being uploaded.

If the connection isn’t getting established then how and where is it exactly transferring the files?

Hello,

That’s happening likely because of concurrent number of FTP connections to account. I’ve refreshed the FTP connection to your app, please try again and reply if issue re-occurs.

even i understand.. Thanks