Joomla MySQL error

When browsing through both the front and back end of my joomla website it get messages saying ‘MtSQL gone away’ this doesnt happen all of the time but can you explain why this is happening and how to fix it if i can?

thanks in advance
littleoly

This can happen when Joomla has heavy or slow queries. This is usually the time to upgrade :wink:

Could you tell me what the latest version of joomla is? and how will i find my current version?

Latest Joomla version is 1.5.22
The version probably is mentioned somewhere in the Administrator Panel i guess?

OK Thank you i have version 1.5.21, i have downloaded the new version but how do i upgrade the current one i have?

Take a look at this: http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.5_from_an_existing_1.5x_version

Thank you, i installed the update manager which took me through the procedure. Thank you for all of your help

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I know you have helped a lot but while i was browsing the back-end of my site i still get the error message
’Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering’
It doesnt load the menu bar accross the top and the section underneath with the save and apply buttons on.
If i reload the page it normally goes off and loads correctly. Any ideas?

Again this usually happens when Joomla has slow or heavy queries which free servers can’t handle…

Hi!
I also have Database Error, on host mysql1.000webhost.com

Error #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server’s socket is not correctly configured)

Please open your own thread about it instead of hijacking other users thread.