Mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away

Hi everyone, I'm facing this errors that I have no ideas about this. After successfully importing my sql (I think it's succesful because I saw a notification that it's success ^_^), 2 errors appear at bottom of phpMyAdmin page:
Error 1:

Warning in ./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#257
mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away

Backtrace

./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#257: mysqli_query(
string 'SELECT CURRENT_USER();',
integer 0,
)
./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#239: PMA\libraries\dbi\DBIMysqli->realQuery(
integer 1,
)
./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#1587: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->tryQuery(
integer 1,
boolean false,
)
./libraries/check_user_privileges.lib.php#303: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->fetchValue(string 'SELECT CURRENT_USER();')
./libraries/ListDatabase.php#10: require_once(./libraries/check_user_privileges.lib.php)
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#166: include(./libraries/ListDatabase.php)
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#146: PMA\Psr4Autoloader->requireFile(string './libraries/ListDatabase.php')
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#106: PMA\Psr4Autoloader->loadMappedFile(
string 'PMA\',
string 'libraries\ListDatabase',
)
PMA\Psr4Autoloader->loadClass(string 'PMA\libraries\ListDatabase')
./libraries/DbList.php#93: spl_autoload_call(string 'PMA\libraries\ListDatabase')
./libraries/DbList.php#54: PMA\libraries\DbList->getDatabaseList()
./libraries/common.inc.php#1067: PMA\libraries\DbList->__get(string 'databases')
./db_structure.php#15: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)

Error 2:

Warning in ./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#257
mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header

Backtrace

./libraries/dbi/DBIMysqli.php#257: mysqli_query(
integer 0,
)
./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#239: PMA\libraries\dbi\DBIMysqli->realQuery(
integer 1,
)
./libraries/DatabaseInterface.php#1587: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->tryQuery(
integer 1,
boolean false,
)
./libraries/check_user_privileges.lib.php#303: PMA\libraries\DatabaseInterface->fetchValue(string 'SELECT CURRENT_USER();')
./libraries/ListDatabase.php#10: require_once(./libraries/check_user_privileges.lib.php)
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#166: include(./libraries/ListDatabase.php)
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#146: PMA\Psr4Autoloader->requireFile(string './libraries/ListDatabase.php')
./libraries/Psr4Autoloader.php#106: PMA\Psr4Autoloader->loadMappedFile(
string 'PMA\',
string 'libraries\ListDatabase',
)
PMA\Psr4Autoloader->loadClass(string 'PMA\libraries\ListDatabase')
./libraries/DbList.php#93: spl_autoload_call(string 'PMA\libraries\ListDatabase')
./libraries/DbList.php#54: PMA\libraries\DbList->getDatabaseList()
./libraries/common.inc.php#1067: PMA\libraries\DbList->__get(string 'databases')
./db_structure.php#15: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)

Please help me to fix it, I got no clues about this.

What did you do to create the error? I'm trying to recreate it but no issue here?

Did you try and import a large database or run a large operation more than 60 seconds?

I didn't do anything wrong I guess, just import sql file. This sql file I exported from 000webhost phpmyadmin page before, some days ago, I realized that all my website data was wiped out, I got no warning email from 000webhost!!! They upgraded to newer Cpanel version, luckily I have a backup file of database and my website zip file.
MySQL file has just about 1.6 MB, I guess this size is small !? And I have 15 tables. All my website data is about 250 MB (images, post, pages...).

The issue is know, and we are working to fix this

Thank you very much!! I think this post should be closed.

I too got the same kind of issue while creating database and while importing sql file
but later after 24 hrs .....Everything was good

we are still investigating why this issue repeats itself.

I really appreciate your team working hard to fix this issue. By the way, the day when I created this topic, my database has 1.6MiB and has 22 tables but in the database manager section in 000webhost cpanel, when I click to Manage button I saw that DB size and DB tables all value are 0, but today when I check it again, click to Manage button, I see DB size and DB tables have correct values. However database look good, my website still cannot be accessed, I always see that the connection has timed out, I cannot login to wp-admin page or any links of my website. I'm waiting and hoping this problem of my website will be fixed.

@redlinevn.com your website has a problem with wordpress and not related to database

@andrius You're right ! Thank you very much ! I deleted old website data and then using wordpress installer of Cpanel to install new wordpress. After installing finished, I can login to wp-admin page and front-end section, just replace wp-content folder by previous wp-content folder. Everything is ok but the speed is very very very slowwww! But anyway, I feel relax right now. Hope the speed will be faster then.

exactly same here again...everyday a new problem...

can you guys please update the phpmyadmin version… its just a click away… the problem that we face with the databases when using wordpress is rooted there

I also have this problem. PLEASE FIX IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

the same here!!! i’m trying to create new data base!!!

i have the same problem ! and i have no idea what’s causing it

I just created an account with 000webhost and have been trying to create a database since yesterday. It appears that support is really poor. I am researching a new hosting solution and this one looked good. Guess I need to keep looking.

Can you guys post some screenshots of said errors, I’ve tried bringing up these myself but everything seems to be working now?

Some times the base exist some times not. Print.

Hi,

I have the same problem since three days. Thanks for support. :heart:

I’m having the same issue as pablowebmaster posted in that image. However, now I can’t even get to phpMyAdmin. I get the following:

Error

SQL query: Edit Edit

SET CHARACTER SET ‘utf8’;
MySQL said: Documentation

#2006 - MySQL server has gone away