Upload files to be used to mysql

Hello,

I’m designing a website to expose some informations from a private DB. So, I would send files with info from the database and then from this end I would import it to the website DB. However, the phpmyadmin can not use the files that are in the files.000webhost.com, it only allows me to reference the folder /var/lib/phpMyAdmin/upload/ which I cannot seem to access.

Is there a way to do what I want?

Just use php to connect to the database
Procedural style

$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost", "USERNAME","PASSWORD", "DBNAME");

Thank you for your answer.

Let me rephrase my question:
I have a private DB in ms server which cannot be accessed from the outside. I have a need to expose some of that information to the outside and as such, I’m creating website with the desired functionality. As there is some information from that private DB that must exposed in the website, I need it to import that info into the mysql db that 000webhost uses.

I was just asking if that folder that phpmyadmin references “/var/lib/phpMyAdmin/upload/” is available to us to upload files to it.

Just export as .sql from there, and drag and drop the .sql file into 000webhost phpmyadmin

1 Like

Ok, so it is confirmed that I can’t upload directly. Thank you for your answer.

Is your issue solved??

https://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
MAY be of use to OP.

1 Like

Instead of doing directly from the ftp target, I download and add it to the DB by hand. For my purposes it is sufficient.

Thank you infinity for your answer, but as I said above, it is sufficient for me to do it like this for now.

1 Like