Verizon blocking FTP access to new control panel FTP server?

Just FYI, since I switched to the new control panel I’ve been unable to connect via FTP from home using FTPSync or Filezilla. (Actually one day Filezilla worked for a short time when I disabled AVG…but the next day it wouldn’t work even w/AVG disabled, Windows Firewall disabled and my modem’s firewall disabled.)

Curiously the only way I can connect from home via ‘FTP’ is using TorBrowser and the url format: ftp://username:password@files.000webhost.com/public_html

The error I get in chrome with that url is “Your Internet access is blocked”…IE won’t work either.

The error I get in FTPSync is immediate and is:
Connecting to files.000webhost.com:21
connect() WSA error 10013 (ie it never even gets to the username stage)

While I can’t connect via FTPSync from work either (FWIW, FTPSync still works fine w/awardspace, godaddy and old control panel FTP server hostoi.com from home AND work), I CAN connect via Filezilla at work using the same laptop and settings so…

Since I’m using Verizon as ISP at home (and can only connect using TorBrowser) and am using Comcast at work I can only conclude that Verizon is blocking access to the new control panel FTP 000webhost.com domain?

This is just an FYI as I don’t think there’s anything anyone can do about this?…

Hi pschnob!

If your ISP is blocking the FTP, then no.

I suggest you to use a VPN or a SOCKS proxy, to configure your FTP client to connect through it.

Try disabling your firewall/ router firewall or asking your network administrator to do that for you to see if it solves the issue.

I did already try disabling my modem/router firewall to no affect but …today i tried disabling peerblock (which doesn’t interfere with any other FTP servers/functions) and it worked!..

1 Like