Web Mail doesn't work

hiya,

i’ve been trying to get webmail to work on 000webhost.com, I have two emails setup with webmail and I can’t email either account using it, external emails don’t arrive

I understand there’s a block on smtp without upgrading from the free account?

I have a form on my page will it send emails to my webmail at all?

thanks in advanced,
Gordon

Email using PHP mail works because our system suspends a lot of mass mail daily.

You can test it from http://serverxx.000webhost.com/mailtest.php

Note: change serverXX to your server number.

However, due to the abuse of our service, our servers might be on another site blacklist so your mail might not get deliver and give you the impression that mail is not working

You are welcome to create your site to a different server or upgrade to paid hosting.

SMTP server is not available with free hosting, upgrade to paid hosting then you will have access to paid hosting SMTP server.

hiya, thanks for your response,

i’ve the link you’ve given me, and it says the message has been sent to my webmail account, nothing shown up yet in my webmail Inbox yet, will check it again later

thanks,
Gordon

Hi,

I created emails in webmail-ooowebhost ,I can able to send emails but not able to received emails .

second option i tried to change the MX record, as per my domain details to access webmail.companyname.com ,waited for 48 hours, but still i am not able to open webmail.companyname.com ,its redirecting to 000webhost.com

can you please provide me the solution for,
1.Webmail-000webhost.com -for mail receiving

or

2.Changing the MX Record and opening my webmail.companyname.com

Pls do the needful.

Thanks,

How did you setup your account via A-record or name server?

For site that setup with A-record:
. You can’t use subdomain name site
. You can’t receive or forward any email. You can send the email with A-record but not the other way around.

To use email forwarding, you must create an info@yourdomain.com first then you can create any forwarder email except info@ to forward your email.

Your site might be on the server that got blacklist due to spam so email might not work on that server try a different server or upgrade to paid hosting.

1 Like

How to change the server in 000webhost.com