Website not live yet despite changing host

Hi, I have had a website set up and ready to go for over 60 days as I was waiting for EHost to unlock my account so I could transfer the domain fully to 000. It has now been unlocked but I cannot see how to make my website live. I’m not web savvy so I really don’t know where to start. I have googled my domain name ut nothing appears. Help!

Are you able to set nameservers at your domain registrar?

Hi there, I’m not sure what you mean, could you possibly explain a little further please?

Thanks,

Sal :slight_smile:

what is your domain name??And who is your registrar??

My website is https://horticulture-heaven.000webhostapp.com/ and it was first registered via EHost

Thanks for your help but I’m still a little in the dark - I have contacted EHost and had my domain unlocked from them. I did tell them I needed it to be changed to OOOwebhost but I’m not really sure if they were able to do that. Its difficult with online chat as the people at the other end of the chat (I’m assuming in India) don’t always get the gist of what your are trying to achieve - of course, it doesn’t help that I’m also a serious novice and don’t really know how to explain my requirements very well!

I honestly feel like I’m going round and round in circles here, there appears to be nowhere on the OOOwebhost website or on my own login area that I can change nameserver or deal with my domain. I have been into EHost and they only offer instructions to change nameserver on other webhosts, not OOO.

what is your domain name?? No your *.000webhostapp.com domain.

You need to park your domain at 000webhost.
And to do so you need to change name servers on your domain dns.
ns01.000webhost.com
ns02.000webhost.com

Feel free to PM me I can teamviewer/remotely help you; you need to point your domain at 000webhost nameservers as listed before by Akhil at eHost.

Then your site will work with 000webhost.com once you park your domain in 000webhost.com set web address.

If you’d like to transfer your domain FULLY over to 000webhost this is not available; you can however transfer for a fee to the premium hosting provider

I look forward to your reply.

Sorry guys, I have been really busy and only just sat down to try and sort out my website again. I spoke to ehost and got them to change the nameservers to the two mentioned above, they said it would take up to 24 hours to make the change.

I have just tried to park my domain but it says that it is invalid. do I just write it in as ‘horticulture-heaven’?

Can you confirm your domain url

Such as www.yoursite.com
www.yoursite.co.uk

Not the 000webhostapp URL assigned when taking out free hosting.

Your paid domain address please?

Hey @sal1234 did you get this resolved?
I tried Googling for your domain but only found Facebook pages.

No It is not resolved. My web address should be www.horticulture-heaven.com - this is the one I purchased via Ehost. I am going to be offline for a few days now, so apologies if I don’t get back to you soon.

Thank you for your help so far :slight_smile:

@sal1234 I don’t see any name servers updated on your domain dns…can you update and try again??
If you have already updated then…remove and then try it again??

Alright no worries!

So your registrar has successfully updated the nameservers so just one step left!

Time to head to http://000webhost.com, manage your website, at the top hit set web address.

Sorted!

1 Like

WOOHOOOOO!!! Thank you so much!! My website is now parked and linked and live!! Brilliant!!! :smiley: :smiley: