Issue getting Google domain to point to my 000webhost site

Hello Forum,

I currently own a Google domain (homewatchiot.net) and I used 000webhost to build my site (https://homewatch-iot.000webhostapp.com/). I’ve followed the instructions on the website to add the custom nameservers ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com via Google domains (see “Google_Domain_1.png”). I haven’t been able to get the website up, even though 000webhost states it is running (see  I“Parked_Domain.png”). I configured my registered hosts as I understand it (see “Google_Domain_2.png”) and my custom resource records (see “Google_Domain_3.png”). 

Checking into the issue further, I found that Google is trying to get me to restore the Google nameservers (see “Google_Domain_ERROR.png”), but the instructions I received on 000webhost’s website direct me to change the nameservers on Google’s side.

So my questions are:
1.) Do I have the registered hosts configured correctly?
2.) Why is Google trying to get me to revert back to their nameservers when 000webhost’s instructions state otherwise?
3.) Is there something else I’m missing in the custom records to point to 000webhost?

Thanks for any help!

-Kevin

Google_Domain_1 Google_Domain_2 Google_Domain_3 Google_Domain_ERROR Parked_Domain

All you need is two nameservers

You do not need any other records at all.
No CNAMES nothing.

You can use the two nameservers method OR the CNAME method.

In the event you want to use the alternative you need to remove the domain, unlink, delete, unlink delete completely from our panel and add it back.

Your site is loading fine currently.

Likely just a case of slow DNS resolution.

Try clearing your browser data, flush DNS cache, use alternative DNS provider or wait 72 hours.

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.