Not secure in chrome

Hello,
My site appears not secure for some reason, used it with no problems for a few months and now this erros appears.
http://irivoclub.000webhostapp.com/

Would really appreciate your help cause users just started using it.
Thanks

When you access your site, do you use HTTP://irivoclub.000webhostapp.com or HTTPS://irivoclub.000webhostapp.com? Chrome will mark it as insecure if you only use HTTP, but since we support SSL at 000webhost you can fix that issue with HTTPS.

I was trying to make some changes but no, cant access by https also, both says its insecure

Ah, the issue you’re experiencing has to do with Chrome marking 000webhostapp domains as fraudulent. This is because some users of 000webhost use the free hosting as a way to hack or phish others, and this has led to Google blacklisting some of our sites. I’m sorry, but the only thing you can do is report it to Google and hope they change it.

https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_error/?hl=en

Would it be faster if I go premium?
Im thinking about going but wasnt for now.

You’d get a subdomain on premium, but not the 000webhostapp one you currently have

Yes, I know but that would make it faster? Going through all the cloudflare process.
Google says it takes like 3 days to see if its secure or not and tbh I just gave this website to people, really strange that in the same day turns out it’s not secure, actually

Do you own any domains currently?

1 Like

No, just that one with the 000webhost subdomain

https://irivoclub.ml/

Better for you? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes, if you mind, how you did that? xD
And thanks a lot

Registered a free domain for 12 months from Freenom.com
Registered a free CloudFlare account at Cloudflare.com

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oww, okay, I wasn´t even aware of the existence of freenom.com.
Just one thing, the security problem wont happen again, right?
And thanks again :star_struck:

It should not happen no, unless someone goes out of their way to report your domain to safe browsing products like Google etc. It shouldn’t happen no.

I did submit appeal for your original domain though.

2 Likes

Yes, I think someone reported it or something. I have been developing this site for like 2 months and in the day I posted it for people to use it gets this error of safety, but I dont use any personal information, just the name and telephone number, tho I have all that information already cause this is a website for gym workout plans and people need to be signed in my gym, so the information is just a way of knowing if the person is or not signed in the gym. (Not sure if I was very explicit, kinda hard to explain)

The irivoclub.000webhostapp.com ?

1 Like

I know PhishTanks/Google Safe Browsing/ multiple other spam protections are marking a lot of 000webhostapp URLs as unsafe, even without checking the content first, so maybe your domain was marked by accident because it got a few clicks all at once or because it might have been captured by automated bot detection software that compiles lists of spam/phishing lists and it just blocked your one completely by accident.

With a custom domain you have more control anyway, it looks generally better than the longer 000webhostapp link - if you want a premium domain you can get one via Hostinger for a good price and link it via 000webhost and the 000webhost banner won’t show either bottom right if that is something that interests you.

1 Like

Maybe was that then, I just found it really strange cause in the same day the security error appeared.

Yes, Im thinking about going premium, just giving it a couple months to see if people will use the website or not. Im not really understanding that custom domain, where you asked for it? And sorry all the questions

Like any domain not 000webhostapp is a custom domain, Freenom provides certain .extensions for free for 12 months, while if you register a premium custom domain like .net, .com, .tech etc you own it for as long as you pay for it.

If you use a Hostinger domain the little banner will be hidden on your website bottom right where currently with the Freenom domain or the standard 000webhostapp it will be shown to visitors

Obviously if you aren’t bothered by the small banner or using the subdomain or Freenom domain then just ignore the above and keep on with your project on free hosting :smiley:

1 Like

Understood, thanks a lot!

Ill stay with the .ml for a couple months to see if people like the website or not!
Once again, thanks

2 Likes