Regarding issue with wake time exceeding 1.5 hours

My jcarpool.000webhostapp.com is sleeping for around 2 hours. This is more time than mentioned in terms while signing in for the portal. Hope you resolve the issue fast.

Seems to be working?

Yes Now it is working fine. But How can the sleep time be 2 hours if it should be 1 hours or max 1.5 hours.

Sometimes system can fail at first attempt :slight_smile:

Again Today the same thing is happening. :frowning: :frowning:

I don’t know why the system takes longer than expected to wake up. This is bad.

It sleeps when you choose but there are system issues sometimes.

i.e.

If your sleep time is 6am

Then at 6am a system job will be added to the queue [sleep websitename]

However if there is a large queue of jobs already processing then it will be added to the queue and processed when possible, so you might notice your site might not start sleeping until 6:12am or even as late as 7:12am depending on how big the queue is.

The same for when your site is to resume - i.e. if the sleep time was 6am and system is running up to date then 7am [unsleep websitename]

Then the job again is added to the queue so if the queue is empty and fine - then 7am your site will be back online, but if the queue is huge again like I said - it might be 7:16am your site resumes or it could be 8:12am.

The system is still currently in testing and we are making changes to improve the service all of the time - so you’ll have to bear with us in that regards.

The best choice is to choose a sleep time when you don’t need your site i.e. I don’t expect my pupils to be accessing the class “intranet” I have set up so I sleep at 1am and it usually resumes 2am - but if there is an issue it doesn’t really matter as long as it resumes before 8:30am for the pupils to login :slight_smile:

Only an example.

1 Like