Website only accessible on one computer

Hello,

I have just set up a very simple website https://batwam.000webhostapp.com/index.html. (I am using it to dowload a JSON file, filter it using php and save the filtered JSON file in order to download it from a smart watch.)

While I am able to access it using chrome on my main pc, it won’t load on my mobile or mac. I have tried with/with index.html, accessing the json files saved in the public_html folder, clearing the browser cache, it just won’t work.

The fact that it loads just fine in chrome and the json file is basically a plain text file tells me that it shouldn’t be a website issue. I also noticed that, regardless of the platform:

I thought it could be a login/identification issue but if I log out from my account, the files are still accessible and all the files have read access for everyone (default 664 chmod). it feels like a subdomain dns issue at the Webhost level or perhaps some sort of weird IP filtering going on? There is no proxy, just direct conection to the internet.

Would anyone know what might be causing this issue? Is anyone able to access the link above?

I feel like it is something locally to yourself to be honest

The down detector sites won’t quite work with 000webhostapp as even if you ping via cmd etc it will timeout due to the way we use cloud balancing.

Try using a VPN like https://windscribe.com if this works let me know.

In this case you can try simply rebooting your home router, if not at home please contact your network administrator.

Failing this try using alternative DNS -

If you can’t or this doesn’t resolve it - look at Windscribe VPN.

Let me know what is going on after trying these options if you can

Hi all,

thank you so much for troubleshooting this so quickly, it really helped! You were 100% right, the issue was with my ISP’s DNS and as soon as I tried to connect through my mobile plan rather than wifi, it started to work. I have updated the DNS on the router adding 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and it now works perfectly!

1 Like